Talk

Advanced search

Right, I am going into Primark tomorrow

(15 Posts)
gregssausageroll Fri 30-Sep-11 21:34:02

I have walked past and always thought jumble sale.

What is worth looking at?

People in my town always wander around with bags and bags full of their stuff at the weekend.

doglover Fri 30-Sep-11 21:40:53

Go early!! Our local shop (Southampton) is only tidy and bearable for the first hour! Winchester, a few miles away, is a very pleasant shopping experience! Their accessories can be fab - I love their scarves.

glub Fri 30-Sep-11 21:43:25

absolutely agree with doglover to early first thing when they open. that way you can get there before the clothes get onto the floor, and before it's full of undesirables.

glub Fri 30-Sep-11 21:44:01

* get there

ChunkyMonkeyMother Fri 30-Sep-11 21:45:10

Depends where you are -I live in an area with 3 Primarks close by - 1 is huge (Liverpool) and has everything from womens, home, men, kids etc - BUT its very busy all of the time and everyone else seems to know exactly where they are going and I never do!

The second one is smaller but has just been done up - This one ALWAYS used to be a total mess, but is now less messy but there is more stuff so I find it harder to navigate around, its also not very good for buggies so can be a hassle with DS.

The third, my local one is perfect, not too big not too small, just been done up so quicker queing times, easier to navigate but big enough to get a buggy round, it is never as busy but has much more stock which is better arranged.

My advice is to have a good wander round, grab a basket and maybe try a few bits on (Only because their sizes are a little unfair in some items but not all) - Before you pay have a good look at what you are buying and don't be afraid to put some stuff back, thats how I shop there - Some things look like a real bargain but once you've had a think about it, it just isn't right. I do this because I have never known anyone to take anything back to that shop! I think the general thoughts are "Meh, it was only from Primark!"

You have to be careful, you can get some amazing stuff but you could also walk out with a head to toe illuminous yellow jump suit so approach with caution but enjoy it!

TracyK Fri 30-Sep-11 21:45:10

Loads of nice scarves and wristwarmers at the mo. Got a nice deep plum coloured cowl neck, silky top. Got a nice teal coloured wool mini skirt. Got a nice bright blue padded waistcoat with hood for dog walking. Thought about their padded coats - for dog walking. Got decent hoodies and joggies for dh for the gym.
Their leggings are sposed to be good - haven't tried them yet.
Good for kids clothes. Got ds an angry birds t shirt for £6 - good quality.
Glasgow shop is massive and really well laid out - massive queues - but hundreds of tills open so don't have to wait for long.

HoHoLaughingMonster Fri 30-Sep-11 21:47:54

I always get electric shocks in Primark

Always

Think it's all the cheep nylon clothes in a confined space that causes it.

So my advice would be take some gloves or try not to touch anything.

glub Fri 30-Sep-11 22:00:51

urgh i get the electric shocks too. combination of buggy pushing and ugg boots i think. sparks fly!

glub Fri 30-Sep-11 22:01:20

it's the floor covering also. don't get it so bad in other shops

trixymalixy Fri 30-Sep-11 22:35:23

Their long sleeve t-shirts are good value. I also got a furry hat and a nice Cardigan.

They have those doughnuts for doing your hair up in a bun for £1.

JennyPiccolo Sat 01-Oct-11 13:21:37

the cotton leggings are rubbish, there's no elastic in them and they fall down.

They have ones in the underwear bit that have tummy control though, which are quite good.

FIFIBEBE Sat 01-Oct-11 14:41:14

Was impressed with their shapewear the other day. Tried loads on but only bought a couple of things as I want to see how they wash.

Graciescotland Sat 01-Oct-11 14:50:54

I always get loads of their flat shoes for £4 a pair tbh they don't last and the soles are thin so more suitable for indoors than out but I still love them!

stripeybump Sat 01-Oct-11 15:46:42

Lacy pants and thongs for £1-£2 each, nice and soft.

Jammie bottoms for £4ish including lovely grey supersoft jersey ones. They have such a huge selection I don't understand who'd pay £15 or more from M and S for the same thing.

Eglu Sat 01-Oct-11 15:51:04

Their fitted t shirts are great. They keep the shape in the wash too. Agree sizing can be odd sometimes. I have some size14 jeans that are the same size as my size 10 ones from another shop. Also like their socks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now