Talk

Advanced search

Clarks Orinico Boots - what to wear with

(14 Posts)
TuttoRhino Fri 30-Sep-11 20:22:53

So ordered tan ones online and they arrived today. I like the look of them and the size is right. Unfortunately they have the rubber boot look on me as I've got thinnish calves. I don't normally wear trousers tucked into boots.

Does anyone have a pair and what do you wear them with? If you tuck trousers into the boots what sort of trousers do you wear with them?

Or should I accept defeat and send them back?

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 30-Sep-11 20:26:07

Do you mean the Orinoco Jazz ones? I have them, and tend to wear them with skinny jeans tucked in or with a knee length brown cord or blue denim skirt.

I don't have skinny calves though!

TuttoRhino Fri 30-Sep-11 21:17:24

Yes the Jazz ones. Hmm skinny jeans. Worried I might look strange in them though as I've got thinnish legs but a bigger top half.

southeastastra Fri 30-Sep-11 21:18:37

i had the orinoco chelsea boots, you can wear them with anything confused

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 30-Sep-11 21:27:15

I usually wear long tops or tunics with them to hide my bum.

fedupofnamechanging Fri 30-Sep-11 21:37:53

Just ordered these. Are they generous on the calf size? Mine are not fat, but they are not skinny either.

glub Fri 30-Sep-11 21:40:58

plain black jumper dress and black tights can't go wrong surely?

OldBagWantsNewBag Fri 30-Sep-11 22:42:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wellbegunishalfdone Fri 30-Sep-11 23:00:36

I love the orinoco boots BUT i tried them on in store and i was surprised at how tight they were on the calf considering I am slim!!

TuttoRhino Sat 01-Oct-11 06:54:46

karmabeliever - yes I found them quite generous at the top of the boot. I've got a big gap there but they look fine everywhere else. So they'll probably look weird on me when worn with tights. Gah.

fedupofnamechanging Sat 01-Oct-11 07:40:23

Some different opinions there. Guess I will have to wait and see when my delivery arrives. I need to lose a bit of weight tbh and perhaps new boots will help me get my arse into gear smile

pink4ever Sat 01-Oct-11 07:45:44

I bought these in the black last week. I find them very tight on the calves and my legs are by far the slimmest part of my body!. Mine are a d width fitting so perhaps that is the problem?

I will wear them with tea dresses,tunics with leggings or jumper dresses and tights.

fedupofnamechanging Sat 01-Oct-11 09:15:15

Hopefully, they will stretch. Usually I buy a size bigger for boots, so I can have the extra width around the calves, but then the foot part is too big and after a while I find them uncomfortable to wear. Size 6 on the Very website is out of stock anyway and there's no way I'm buying them in Clarks for full price, so if i don't eat sweets between now and delivery day maybe I'll be alright grin

TuttoRhino Sat 01-Oct-11 10:26:00

I've got the D width ones as well. I can fit my whole hand and more down the top of the boot with all the space available. They're going back as they look silly with the gappage - about 1.5 -2 inches at top of the boot whilst wearing a pair of leggings.

Now thinking I am even more strangely shaped than before. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now