Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for Work function?

(6 Posts)
scootergal Fri 30-Sep-11 15:56:10

Hope some s n b gurus can help. I wear a uniform to work usually but there s an event coming up - kindof a publicity and product launch and I will have to attend as a representation if our department. It will be I'm a v nice hotel etc with photos etc all being done.
I m love clothes n fashion - cos zara reiss huge fan of skinnies heels and nice top, or silk shirt w great cut jeans for a night out or occasion. I dont like
Tunics they dont suit me i love
Boots w dresses ) don't own a suit (ugh at the thought it s just not me) I have no idea what to wear to this kind of work type occasion. I would really appreciate some tips.
I m tall and a size 8-10 thanks

tethersend Fri 30-Sep-11 16:44:51

What's your budget?

What about something like this?

basana Fri 30-Sep-11 17:37:00

I would say this has the edge... and you say you like Reiss.

tethersend Fri 30-Sep-11 17:44:36

I Like that one, basana...

This could be good too...

basana Fri 30-Sep-11 21:06:06

That's slinky - like!

scootergal Sat 01-Oct-11 14:06:55

Thanks! I can't do that slinky one ( 2 kids and too much muffins have taken care of that- really don't need to highlight my wobbly bits!) that red one is quite lovely. I have black lk bennet patent court wedges with sheer or opaques? Thanks for the tips.
Do you think I could do palazzo type trousers and silk shirt or is that a no no?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now