Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit HELP!

(5 Posts)
MothInMyKecks Fri 30-Sep-11 14:41:58

Please can someone help me?
I need to attend a wedding a week saturday and I've been putting off buying an outfit because I feel so huge. I'm a size 14 (and before you all say that I could be biggerl), I have a very very wide set of shoulders, a broad back, huge upper arms (think of popeye - no kidding) that are very un-toned, and I've become really flabby since the Spring. I really am quite shapeless.

I feel really unhappy about the way I look in general, so am dreading having to go out shopping. Does anyone stylish out there have a clue about what I can wear? It must cover up my arms. In fact, perhaps I should just get a huge sheet and cover everything up. sad

MothInMyKecks Fri 30-Sep-11 14:42:21

Meant to add that I prefer internet shopping to avoid changing rooms.

scootergal Fri 30-Sep-11 15:35:58

I think Internet shopping is great but it s a pain when you dint get to try stuff on or if it doesn't fit. And you often still need shoes bag etc! Block off a day, the night before defuzz your legs / underarms and if feeling up to it put on some fake tan, that way you ll like your reflection a bit more. Wear comfy but not awful clothes shopping - nothing like catching sight of yer bum in trackie bottoms in the mirror of a nice shop to kick your confidence to the cobbles. Don't wear too much jewellery or fiddle y bits n bobs - having to take off and put on lots of Layers scarves tops etc will wreck your head and seriously curn your enthusiasm.
Then go try on a few styles, I bet you look much better than you feel and going out trying a few bits on will help.
If you re not very keel on your shoulders what about something patterned that would draw attention to your bottom half or waist ? I don't know how to link but there s some nice colour block dresses about at the moment too might be worth experimenting with

tethersend Fri 30-Sep-11 15:48:19

What's your budget?

How about something like this or this?

MothInMyKecks Sat 01-Oct-11 22:24:14

Budget is about £100 max for dress. I like the first one.
Quite like the idea of a wide brimmed hat too, but that's another pot of cash.
Thanks to you both for replying. Every but help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now