Talk

Advanced search

Anyone shopped in M and Co?

(23 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 30-Sep-11 11:39:54

Saw their tv advert the other day and a nice dress in a magazine so I've just looked on their website and they've got some nice stuff.

Has anyone bought anything from them and what are their clothes like in terms of quality, sizing etc.?

yummybunny Fri 30-Sep-11 11:43:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pink4ever Fri 30-Sep-11 15:39:56

Was tempted by a dress in there last week-black and tan bird print. Was reduced by £15 too but when I went into the shop was full of older women-think 60 plus-so beat a hasty retreat!

Suckstobeme Fri 30-Sep-11 15:45:20

They have some lovely autumn lines at the moment. Agree with above poster that they maybe target the more mature clientele!

I love their baby/toddler range.

nickelbabe Fri 30-Sep-11 15:58:43

yes, we've got one here in Sittingbourne.
I like their stuff.
it's pretty basc stuff, reasonably priced and nice quality.

nickelbabe Fri 30-Sep-11 15:59:21

(i'm 35)
they do underwear too

ginmakesitallok Fri 30-Sep-11 16:03:30

Their stuff does tend to be for the more mature lady - but I got a red skirt last week and I LOVE it. On the other hand they also have shite like this ?

vinegarpuss Fri 30-Sep-11 16:04:23

I think they have a 'more mature' range from when it used to be Mackays - they also have a nice more modern range - I got a shortish stretchy dress there in the summer, perfecto for 30 0kay 40 ish age group

floramckitchen Fri 30-Sep-11 16:12:25

The sizes come up quite big though. Their size 10 is huge on me and I am usually 10/12.

Quite like their knickers and pjs too.

coastgirl Fri 30-Sep-11 16:13:34

They have some nice bits - sometimes very optimistically priced, and yes, a lot of it is for a more mature shopper! Some of it is like Per Una without all the ruffles and bits of lace, if you like that sort of thing. Kids' clothes are not bad.

They never have smaller women's sizes in mine.

nickelbabe Fri 30-Sep-11 16:36:40

i like this one

PattySimcox Fri 30-Sep-11 20:35:55

Coastgirl - per una was my first thought when I saw the second skirt that gin linked to

Dancergirl Fri 30-Sep-11 22:19:20

Oh dear, I didn't realise they have such a mature clientele! I'm not 40 yet!

Ginmakes - I love that red skirt!

I may have a look, I like the look of some of their jackets.

OldBagWantsNewBag Fri 30-Sep-11 22:31:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fedupofnamechanging Sat 01-Oct-11 09:24:22

I think they are very mixed - some of their things are lovely, but you have to get over the feeling that you have strayed into Bon Marche by mistake grin.

The baby things are quite sweet. I'd say they are slightly better than Peacocks, quality wise, but have found some of their things to be too expensive for what they are.

nickelbabe Sat 01-Oct-11 10:32:34

They're better quality than Peacock's, definitely.

neuroticmumof3 Sat 01-Oct-11 12:21:36

I quite like some of their stuff but think they're overpriced for what they are.

Tigresswoods Sat 01-Oct-11 12:23:55

Wow I thought they only did kids stuff. Kids bits on a par with supermarkets IMO. No bad thing.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sat 01-Oct-11 12:30:49

I am 39 and have bought work stuff from there - classic rather than trendy. Sizing is generous. Quality is pretty good. Their kids stuff that Ive bought has been lovely.

As others have said it can be a bit hit and miss - so I would say its better to buy instore rather than online if you can.

ShowOfHands Sat 01-Oct-11 12:33:54

We have one here, have had for years. Didn't know it was a chain. I buy children's clothes in there, never looked at adults range.

EsmeWeatherwax Sat 01-Oct-11 12:46:53

Their kids clothes are lovely, although small made. Adult stuff can be nice, but very overpriced. And their nightwear is great, I got a couple of nightshirts there seven years ago and they are still going strong!

twinklytroll Sat 01-Oct-11 12:56:01

I think the quality is usually dire and the children's stuff is vulgar.

twinklytroll Sat 01-Oct-11 12:56:47

The dress linked to is quite nice though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now