Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I may have found the perfect deodorant, so I wrote a whole post about it.

(9 Posts)
ItsMeAndMyPuppyNow Thu 29-Sep-11 22:12:23

I was getting fed up of my deodorant ruining clothes, and the smell of my sweat lingering in tops even after they were washed. I tried a bunch of different brands, and most successfully made my own deodorant from baking soda, tea tree oil, and coconut butter, but still it went gummy on clothing and was a pain to apply.

Now I have hit the deodorant jackpot with Neal's Yard Lavender deodorant

It's a spray (just regular pump spray, not aerosol), so there is no gummy residue and no white streaks on your clothing.

It smells yummy.

It doesn't just cover up BO like other sprays; it seems to get rid of it entirely. I think the tea tree oil in it must just kill the smell-making bacteria, because after a day of wearing it, my armpits (and clothing!) just smell of nothing. smile

It's not anti-perspirant, if that's important to you, but then I have never found anything to be worthy of the name "anti-perspirant". So I'm just looking to smell clean all day long, and for my clothes not to get ruined. This deodorant does that.

peasandlove Thu 29-Sep-11 23:07:45

nice. I require the services of something a little stronger, but it sounds good for you non-sweaty types smile

HotChip Thu 29-Sep-11 23:21:40

I had the lemongrass and coriander one and would agree, it definitely worked for me and the smell was lovely. I have the same problem with anti-perspirants getting into clothes. Must get some more in, will try the lavender.

SevenAgainstThebes Thu 29-Sep-11 23:34:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Northernlurker Fri 30-Sep-11 00:10:39

I've been using this one and have been very happy. Has lasted two months so not expensive for what you get and it smells lovely.

yummybunny Fri 30-Sep-11 07:42:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Winetimeisfinetime Fri 30-Sep-11 10:24:55

I use this and would highly recommend it as I find it works brilliantly - seems to last forever too.

ItsMeAndMyPuppyNow Fri 30-Sep-11 11:08:22

Ooh; thanks for that Winetime! The lady at Neal's Yard mentioned she combined their lavendar spray deodorant with rock salt deodorant for extra-sweaty (eg. biking to work) days, and I was like, "Rock salt deodorant? WTF is that?"

On my wish list now.

kbird Fri 30-Sep-11 11:11:52

Mitchum 48 hours unperfumed...

Just saying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now