Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you order from Next online...

(12 Posts)
yok2t Thu 29-Sep-11 20:47:36

No, fear not, it is not for me, I have learnt that much on mumsnet. DH saw a T-shirt he liked last week but they didn't have it in his size. He was just about the order it online but I asked him to wait. I have some vague recollection that they sent you the Next directory every year, which you have to pay for. Is that still correct? Or are they like any other online shop in that you pay for your stuff, they send it to you and then they send you a million catalogues like Boden leave you alone?

daenerysstormborn Thu 29-Sep-11 20:49:09

i've ordered online and not got a directory, never been sent one.

stripeybump Thu 29-Sep-11 20:50:06

Yep. I ordered some maternity bits from their sale last weekend and am pretty sure I managed to inadvertently sign up for a credit account, which I'm annoyed about. I didn't realise until I got to a page saying they'd deliver the stuff and send me a bill later! angry

yok2t Thu 29-Sep-11 21:53:20

That is what I was trying to avoid, a credit account and similar nonsense. Wonder how you avoid signing up for it?

yellowsubmarine41 Thu 29-Sep-11 22:03:57

If I remember correctly, NEXT offer some deal about free p&p and paying for a catalogue, or buying a catalogue and getting 'free' p&p. hmm

Next online is a credit account ie you order, then they bill you. I've ordered a couple of things to be delivered to a local store (no p&p) and then collected them. When I changed my mind about one, I just didn't pick it up and they returned it and didn't bill me.

I get the odd flier/hysterical e-mail about getting up in the middle of the night to 'book' a sale place, but nothing too troubling.

caffinequeen Sat 01-Oct-11 19:54:14

Even if you have previously had the catalogue you can ask them to stop sending it. Not sure how you order without an account though.

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 01-Oct-11 20:00:08

I have the option to buy things and pay with a debit card, but I do have a credit account, so maybe it's only an option then?

Iggly Sat 01-Oct-11 20:06:12

I have a credit account with next but no sign of any catalogues or being charged for one.

catsareevil Sat 01-Oct-11 20:32:59

I have a credit account. They sent me a directory when I first opened the account, I phoned them and told them I didnt want it, and they cancelled the charge for the directory and havent sent me one since.

yok2t Sat 01-Oct-11 20:36:19

Gah, seems like a lot of hassle for one t shirt. I'll see if I can find it in another shop first. Thank you for your advice ladies!

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 20:38:37

I order recently and managed to just pay outright with my debit card but it did take a fair bit of faffing about as I recall as it kept trying to get me to go down the account route. Can't remember exactly what I did TBH. Is possible though, with lots of clicking.

Muddlewitch Sat 01-Oct-11 20:38:57

*ordered

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now