Talk

Advanced search

Trip to Paris - help needed please

(7 Posts)
nelsonscolumn Thu 29-Sep-11 17:13:38

I am off to Paris on Monday for five days and would be grateful for any advice on what to wear. If any one has any idea on what the wearther wil be like would also be great as I understand that it is really hot there at the moment. This is not what I envisaged as Paris in the first week of October. I thought it would be more autumnal and I could get my spendid cloolection of scarves out including the Ebay one grin.Also I haven't been to Paris before so any help as to what would be stylish but practical would be appreciated.

malinois Thu 29-Sep-11 17:22:07

As long as you are a size 6 and are dressed head to foot in Chanel or Dior you will fit right in smile

Is this a business trip? If so, regular suits as for London would be fine.

The weather forecast is here It's going to be very warm.

JustAnother Thu 29-Sep-11 18:41:21

If it is a holiday, make sure you have some stylish but confy flat shoes. You will be doing lots of walking

nelsonscolumn Thu 29-Sep-11 18:49:34

Sadly not a size 6 or clad in Chanel so I will resign myself to looking a right scruff sad. It's a holiday so I am already thinking about comfy shoes.

yomellamoHelly Thu 29-Sep-11 19:44:29

We were there recently and biked everywhere, so some pedal-friendly flats. Plus several t-shirts 'cause it was quite hot. Book the restaurant up the Eiffel Tower online in advance then you don't have to spend hours queuing to go up along with virtually every other tourist in Paris.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 29-Sep-11 21:01:15

I am fat and scruffy and I live there. grin

Comfy shoes are a must. Paris is a great city for walking round.

celticlassie Thu 29-Sep-11 22:03:01

Flip flops or converse were what I wore on my feet. I found, despite the myth, most places I went were very relaxed clothing-wise.

Jeans / cropped trousers and a pretty vest top with a nice scarf will see you through the days and a nice skirt / dress in the evening.

A nice handbag appears to be a must, mind you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now