Talk

Advanced search

Suit jacket/blazer needed!

(8 Posts)
yellowraincoat Thu 29-Sep-11 17:01:50

Hi, I am trying to find a suit jacket or blazer and it is proving impossible. There is one on ASOS which I ordered, but the material is grim. It is too thick. I want something that is thin, light, that I can keep on at work during the day. Black, dark grey would be great, pinstriped or plain.

asos jacket

I would like a masculine styled one, the problem is that I am really small across the shoulders (size 4/6) so everything just hangs off me unless it fits really well. I am also really short (5ft 1).

My budget is up to about £60 which I know is not much but I am skint. Any suggestions gratefully received!

basana Thu 29-Sep-11 19:50:57

Somebody posted asking for advice on this Topshop one and I admired it. Sounds like it may fit the bill for you too.

vinegarpuss Thu 29-Sep-11 20:26:33

www.hobbs.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1226

sorry am not good with links but try hobbs outlet

yellowraincoat Fri 30-Sep-11 01:16:43

ooh some of those hobbs ones might work...topshop one sadly not as it needs to be long-sleeved, forgot to mention that.

cakeoholic Fri 30-Sep-11 01:35:57

Zara have loads at the moment such as [http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-W2011/122007/489535/SINGLE%2BBUTTON%2BBLAZER this]], I'm a size 6ish but found a couple that fitted really nicely, there was one in particular that was pretty narrow and really soft, it hung rather than being stiff, can't tell from the website which one it is. Go in and have a look if you can

cakeoholic Fri 30-Sep-11 01:36:22

sorry

yellowraincoat Sat 01-Oct-11 03:21:42

Yes the Zara one is perfect! Will check it out this week. Thanks.

MatLeaveForever Sat 01-Oct-11 07:58:01

I bought this one from the Next Sale as I'm also petite. It's the soft touch unlined grey jacket:

Next blazer

I'm between a 10 and 12 and kept the 10 so the 6 could be a little big for you but a bargain at £20!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now