Talk

Advanced search

ok, I need a bit of help...

(22 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 13:52:54

i have this dress to wear to a wedding next month. I was going to wear a pair of patent shoes with it, but Im not terribly happy with how it looks. not only that, but all of my pretty clutches seem to have disappeared.

should I go black for accessories or champagne/ivory?

I have tiny feet, so need a bar across my foot (high arch, narrow feet)

Clarabumps Thu 29-Sep-11 14:04:29

The dress looks white not ivory...I take it it is ivory?its a lovely dress- I would personally for for colour accessories like a red. Champagne is really hard to put with black unless it is an exact colour match to the colour of the dress.are you wanting to stick with white/ivory/black colour scheme or are you open to a pop of colour?

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 14:09:23

i think I would prefer black/ivory accessories. the belt is black patent, and I was admiring this earlier today and thought something simillar might look ok.

god, i hate being such a pleb scruff!

tethersend Thu 29-Sep-11 15:02:30

Any good?

tethersend Thu 29-Sep-11 15:03:05

Although the burgundy would look lovely with that stole...

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 15:03:58

I like those! do they not look a bit too funky for such a grown up dress? on (the picture doesnt do it justice) its v audrey hepburn.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 15:04:27

ooooh, I love the burgundy!

tethersend Thu 29-Sep-11 15:06:02

I think the burgundy would work really well, especially if you picked it out with nail colour...

moondog Thu 29-Sep-11 15:11:22

I think those shoes are a bit too workish meself to go with a celebration day.
You need either v strappy or a plain court.

tethersend Thu 29-Sep-11 15:13:57

Nonsense. Listen to me grin

So, moondog... dare I ask about the boots...?

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 15:59:01

i like these

Pinot Thu 29-Sep-11 16:03:23

I like the ones you linked to lissie, sorry but the Office ones are fugly. I think in patent you have to reign in the deisgn or else it looks tacky. And the heel looks frumpy on that design too.

<runs from tethers>

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 16:06:17

I want to look good, Ive put on quite a bit of weight lately (on purpose) and I dont get dressed up very often!

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 16:20:32

?

OracleInaCoracle Thu 29-Sep-11 17:11:47

cheap

pink4ever Thu 29-Sep-11 17:26:16

I love the cream and black courts-they pretty and wont date. The very cheap ones are nice and I would get both for that price! tethers-the ones you picked dont go with that dress at all!<get to the back of the class>

moondog Thu 29-Sep-11 18:23:01

Tethers, I put out an APB for you with the latest boot related happenings in my life but was crually ignored.
Here!

Since then I have found a v nice pair of brown boots which are wending their way to the kennel but I have lost track of what they are or where I found them.

Note to self; stop bloody shopping.I have gone mental recently.

tethersend Thu 29-Sep-11 19:14:41

Ah, sorry moondog. Was a little preoccupied on Tuesday... You have to show me the brown boots you bought! Although maybe do it on that thread, as we've hijacked enough with this saga grin

JennyPiccolo Thu 29-Sep-11 21:15:44

I bought these recently. They look nicer in real life though.

moondog Thu 29-Sep-11 22:10:00

They are nice Jenny.

feelingratheroverwhelmed Thu 29-Sep-11 22:18:36

Love those Jenny, OP think they'd look very nice. Love the dress too!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 03-Oct-11 10:19:57

I got some similar to these and they look fab (classic dull)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now