Talk

Advanced search

Protein treatment for damaged hair

(9 Posts)
ChinaInYourHands Thu 29-Sep-11 13:02:32

Anyone can recommend one?
cheers

neuroticmumof3 Thu 29-Sep-11 18:31:17

Don't know if it's got protein or not but organic avocado oil makes a fantastic overnight treatment for damaged hair. It's made a huge difference to my hair.

yummybunny Fri 30-Sep-11 07:48:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peanutsmuggler Fri 30-Sep-11 09:15:08

Joico K-Pak Reconstructer is good, my hair feels loads stronger since I've been using it.

You can get it for about a tenner from cheapsmells.com

TattyDevine Fri 30-Sep-11 09:25:42

The oils mentioned above are great but they are not protein or reconstructant - they will sort out "dry" hair though. Hair needs a certain amount of lipids to be strong and healthy.

It also need protein. Things like bleaching and tinting are more likely to mess with the core of your hair as they use peroxide to penetrate the hair shaft (this sounds really saucy!) and sometimes a protein treatment is needed.

Kerastase have some good ones, I'd pop into a salon and ask them to recommend a product as a lot of the really good ones are salon only. But I've heard the Joico K-Pak one is really good as well.

ChinaInYourHands Fri 30-Sep-11 09:29:54

TattyDevine that's exactly what my stylist said to me but he then had the grace of not putting the actual products in front of me to buy, and I didn't ask because I know they're always cheaper online. And that's I am asking you lot! grin

PastGrace Fri 30-Sep-11 09:41:35

I swear by this. I get it from lookfantastic online, but lots of places have it I think. It's incredible - I actually made my friend stroke the ends of my hair when I first used it.

ChinaInYourHands Fri 30-Sep-11 17:09:45

thank you! I'll give it a try

stripeybump Fri 30-Sep-11 17:12:30

Definitely Kerastase Masquintense - it's the business.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now