Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find a (small) belt with pockets?

(10 Posts)
Takver Wed 28-Sep-11 19:38:34

OK, this is a bit of a long shot, but can anyone help me with this one?

I used to live in skirt/leggings combo - before the days of mobile phones and when I went everywhere by bike so always had a pannier with me. These days I can't deal with not having any pockets - don't want to have to carry a bag just to take the dog for a walk, for example, but want phone/keys/pooper scoop bags et al. Can't do bumbags, I've got a bad hip & they pull on it (apart from the fact that I hate them anyway).

A woman I knew had an amazing red suede belt, about 2 inches wide, with small pockets sewn onto it (sticking out, rather than down, if that makes sense). She got it from a random little shop in Brighton, couldn't remember the name. I've been looking for one ever since . . .

The nearest I've found is this - its a bit on the chunky side, but would do ok-ish. But it is too big for me, even on its smallest setting, and there's no way of making it smaller.

So, style & beauty goddesses, this is a plea for help! Any inspirations for solving my problem . . .

tethersend Wed 28-Sep-11 19:44:12

How about this?

picnicbasketcase Wed 28-Sep-11 19:46:05

I was going to suggest John Lewis too - money belts were all the rage in my secondary school.

piprabbit Wed 28-Sep-11 19:49:04

This sort of thing

Lots of different styles on the above website if that ones not quite right.

Takver Wed 28-Sep-11 19:50:17

Definitely the right sort of thing, but I think not enough space for a mobile + carkeys unfortunately. Obviously school girls have the same problem though!

tethersend Wed 28-Sep-11 19:50:37

green one

Takver Wed 28-Sep-11 19:51:43

Sorry, piprabbit, that was the John Lewis ones. The JosyFlo ones look they might be very much the thing smile

piprabbit Wed 28-Sep-11 19:54:43

Red suede.

Takver Wed 28-Sep-11 19:59:46

Now why hadn't I noticed that one came in a smaller size blush

I think I like your other one better though - I should have asked on here before!

piprabbit Wed 28-Sep-11 22:10:26

Must admit that I was a bit hmm at the pixies and fairies frolicking in their purse belts grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now