Talk

Advanced search

cold sores.

(6 Posts)
ilovearnold Wed 28-Sep-11 15:26:29

does anyone know any drastic measures of getting rid of these asap!! exept overthe counter stuff i mean..have heard of putting bleach on !! anyone got any emergency tips - thanks !!!!!!

Poodlehorse Wed 28-Sep-11 16:04:28

I was told by a friend to use carmex as i was plagued by them, i think it did help clear it up better than zovirax or those light thingies from Lloyds pharmacy but best of all i use it now every day as a lip balm and if i feel a tngle slap some more on, i haven't had a cold sore since and that has been months. Might be a coincidence but i don't think so. And at £2 a pot from Superdrug for the original it is cheap too. Worth a try.

ujjayi Wed 28-Sep-11 16:06:26

You can treat them with one drop of tea tree oil. Put the oil on a cotton bud and gently apply to the site of the sore. It's a great anti-viral oil.

DamselInDisarray Wed 28-Sep-11 16:27:31

I always use the compeer patches on mine. They help to hide them and that makes me feel less crap about the time it takes to get rid of them.

DamselInDisarray Wed 28-Sep-11 16:27:49

*compeer patches. Link is ok though.

Littlepumpkinpie Wed 28-Sep-11 16:46:32

a dab of cider vinegar stings like nothing else on earth dries it out very fast. Dab on 3/4 times a day hey pesto its GONE smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now