Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You know those cheap nail foils....

(5 Posts)
Honeydragon Wed 28-Sep-11 00:12:24

they are really rather good. I think Tatty mentioned the diy minx ones a while back, I saw some dead cheap ones in my local chemist so I gave them ago.

Well for £1.99 - £2.99, 15 minutes max, of my time with a cheap nail file, nail scissors and a hair dryer I'm rather pleased. Especially as they last longer than polish.

They don't look professional by any means (not unless I took at lot longer), but a friend was admiring them and pointed out you'd have to be about 6" away and looking properly to know.

I don't really belong in these 'ere parts wink, but if your're debating trying them they are very easy smile

GaramMasalaGirl Wed 28-Sep-11 00:17:11

Hi HD I'v been wanting to try this for ages. I didn't realise that it came in anything other than the normal nail polish form.

Which chemist did you get them from? What is it actually called? thanks

Honeydragon Wed 28-Sep-11 00:33:05

I have a small independent, but other threads on here indicate eBay and places do them. They are foil stickers on plastic backing. You simply peel off the best match size wise and stick them on. I trim mine to fit. You can find a couple of good tutorials as well on YouTube and the like.

I've found that if I am pressed for time but don't want naked toes these are actually easier grin

GaramMasalaGirl Wed 28-Sep-11 10:25:02

Thanks HD will definitely check out ebay

are you also the lady that sometimes only paints 2 toe nails if she's wearing peep toe shoes like me wink

Honeydragon Wed 28-Sep-11 10:34:49

No, but I will be now that's genius!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now