Talk

Advanced search

How do I grow my fine hair long?

(9 Posts)
toptramp Tue 27-Sep-11 23:18:47

It does get a bit wispy but is ok after a trim. I long for below shoulder length hair. Anyone managed to grow their fine hair long and does it look ok? Tis not vety thick either. sad

winnybella Tue 27-Sep-11 23:22:12

Hmm, my hair is thin and wispy and tbh, it doesn't look great long, as it tends to go flat on the top and just hang limply on the sides. Just above the shoulder is the longest when it's still looks ok. I used to have very long hair and it was nice even though not very thick, but since dc's births it all went downhill. I guess it depends how thin it is.

toptramp Tue 27-Sep-11 23:28:18

It's just about thick enough to carry it off I think. I can but try. Why is it our hair gets worse after kids?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 28-Sep-11 01:41:13

My hair is fine and just below shoulder length now.

I'm not sure I could grow it much longer and it definitely helps that it is wavy, not straight. I used to have a bob but got fed up with all the styling it needed. Longer is easier becuase I just blast it with the hairdyer and that's it.

Much as I would love thick, glossy hair....it's never going to happengrin

sprout44 Fri 30-Sep-11 11:05:58

I have the same problem as you , i have it to shoulder lenght at the moment and i will just get it cut again. I would love to get some clip in extensions for underneath but i woul d feel silly wearing them as i am in my 40. My latest attempt now to try some Hair vitamins and see what happens

mollschambers Fri 30-Sep-11 11:10:46

<sigh>

I hate my fine, thin hair. Longer than "just below chin" and it looks shit. I have had variations of a bob for over twenty years.

roguepixie Fri 30-Sep-11 11:17:43

I have fine hair and it currently skims the curve of my back - where your back meets your bum. Took me bloody ages to grow - lots of persistence and not too many trips to the hairdresser. My hair is fine but it is slightly curly (wavy) which makes it seem a little thicker, I suppose. I have a wonderful hairdresser who understood my desire to grown my hair looooooonnnnnnngggggg and took the bare minimum off the ends. I would go two or three times a year to get it trimmed. All in all, it took me about 18-24 months to get this long.

CuttlefishDramas Fri 30-Sep-11 11:50:05

I think it looks lovely.

Mine will grow crazy long if I keep it up everyday at work (don't get as much damage). I'm especially careful in the car - a lot of damage is caused by leaning back on my hair while sitting, and the seatbelt.

If I brush my hair excessively while it's wet it will be damaged, and I have wooden brushes and combs.

Pinot Fri 30-Sep-11 14:08:01

Oh I suffered with this for years - really since pregnancy after pregnancy left me with thinner hair that seemed to shed. Until January this year when I started using moroccanoil which seems to strenghten it and makes it faster to dry which then lessens damage.

My hair has gron from shoulder length to where my bra strap crosses my back, if that helps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now