Talk

Advanced search

Jo Malone Perfumes/Candles ?

(13 Posts)
Huffpot Tue 27-Sep-11 22:18:31

I've just come across them and want to know if they are all they're hyped up to be? Just that they seem quite expensive...
Just pure curiosity really smile

ColdSancerre Tue 27-Sep-11 22:24:04

I use the perfume/body products as I love a few of the scents, in particular English pear and freesia, and they are lovely, the body creme especially. That particular scent lasts well throughout the day too.

But the candles seem very expensive to me and I've even gone as far as to say I don't want them as gifts from friends when they wondering what to buy me (we do group presents) as I think they're too expensive to burn.

apple99 Tue 27-Sep-11 22:31:18

I use a the perfume and body lotions, I particularly like English pear and freesia, Nectarine and Honey Blossom and French Lime Blossom.

I have never used the candles but a friend of mine uses them a lot and they do smell lovely, I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a candle.

Northumberlandlass Tue 27-Sep-11 22:37:26

Again...English Pear & Freesia for me. I find the scent absolutely beautiful, truly my favourite ever, but it doesn't last long on my skin sad

I have however just discovered the body creme which lasts ages. So it is now on my birthday list.

I love being able to mix the scents too. I like mixing the English pear with Pomegranate Noir or Amber & Lavender.

tiokiko Tue 27-Sep-11 22:54:29

The candles are expensive but they last for ages and are much much nicer than cheaper scented candles.

TattyDevine Wed 28-Sep-11 08:46:06

Its all lovely yes but the candles are very £££ for what they are. Nice to receive as a gift I guess.

The perfumes (if you could call them that, they are really more of a cologne in strength) seem better value but they really do wear off very very quickly. Her answer to that is to layer up the fragrance by using the shower stuff and body lotion and whatnot - which is also very expensive!!! Hmmmm.

Northumberlandlass Wed 28-Sep-11 09:10:03

I agree Tatty, I can't really justify spending that much on Jo Malone stuff, which is why I request them as gifts smile. I do love it though x

ElsieMc Wed 28-Sep-11 14:38:53

There was an article in the press a while ago saying (don't laugh) that M and S dearer quality candles in green fig and grapefruit and ginger at around £8 were just as good. I get them generally as presents and they do smell gorgeous and don't break the bank. Give them a go.

brighthair Wed 28-Sep-11 15:37:38

Candlewick greens do candles and wax tarts in jo Malone dupe scents, and a lot cheaper!

madmomma Wed 28-Sep-11 18:21:01

the perfumes are beautiful, and get loads of compliments. Candles are too ££ IMO. Space nk are cheaper and nicer, plus they always go in the sale after xmas - and not just the christmassy-smelling ones either.

Chicinwellies Wed 28-Sep-11 18:25:18

Am another English Pear fan but def doesnt last long. Is DHs second favourite on me, first is V&R Flowerbomb by a mile.

smartyparts Wed 28-Sep-11 18:29:33

I love Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin bath stuff and the body lotion. I have the perfume, but find it waaay too cloying and strong.

The candles are gorgeous, bit pricey, but worth it. Cheap imos don't give the same effect!

polyhymnia Wed 28-Sep-11 20:34:07

Perfume is a very personal thing but I think they are over rated. Used to be regarded as something special and a bit of a cult when first came out but that was long ago. Now just another Lauder brand. I think if you're going to spend that sort of £££ there are many better perfumes, eg Annick Goutal, Miller Harris, Frederic Maille, and candles eg Diptyque to mention one of the better known brands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now