Talk

Advanced search

LANCOME- Teint Miracle or Teint Idole Ultra?

(10 Posts)
ameliagrey Tue 27-Sep-11 21:05:42

what's the difference?

Have samples for both and Miracle seems slightly oilier and less coverage...anyone?

Gillybobs Tue 27-Sep-11 21:08:05

Havent tried Miracle but Teint Idole Ultra is fairly full coverage, a bit matte for my liking tbh, quite a strong smell too but this seems true of all Lancome make up I find.

beverleyjayne Tue 27-Sep-11 21:33:02

i have the teint miracle and i love it grin you can build it up if u want and i think it is very natural looking

onefatcat Tue 27-Sep-11 22:06:53

Niether- they both contain alcohol which encourages damage to your skin and aging from free radicals because it is an irritant!!!!

ameliagrey Tue 27-Sep-11 22:20:01

The info I found online said that the alcohol was an inert product- is this so?
why would they well a foundation containing alcohol?

onefatcat Tue 27-Sep-11 22:51:26

HERE is where I got my info- Paula Begoun has her own skincare, but there are reviews of nearly every product on www.beautypedia.com/. I find her adice to be brilliant and makes sense. My skin is so much better since following her skincare advice.

ameliagrey Wed 28-Sep-11 09:05:22

Thanks that link is very useful. Teint Idole gets a better review but it is recommended for oily skin and my skin is not oliy!

Interestingly my Clinique Repair Wear gets a high review- but the problem I have is that the 2 palest shades are now discontinued so I am using No. 3 instead of No. 1.

Laura Mercier Moisturising foundation gets a good review- though it says it is discontinued- not according to their websites!

onefatcat Wed 28-Sep-11 10:19:20

I use Clinique 'even better skin' foundation. They have it in a really pale shade and it's really nice. I have used both the Lancome ones and did love them- the finish is second to non- think the Miracle one is nicer, but the ingredients put me off, plus they don't have enough sun protection, the clinique one is spf15 and fragrance free as well. I have Rosacea anf my skin has been much less irritated since swapping my foundation to clinique.

ameliagrey Wed 28-Sep-11 17:15:28

I have that Clinique one and don't lie it- it changes colour on me and the coverage wears off quite quickly.

I am looking out for Laura mercier moisturising foundation but many places are out of stock and that review website said it was now discontinued....

ForYourDreamsAreChina Wed 28-Sep-11 17:20:09

I had samples over the summer of:
Teint Miracle -oily slimy icky sticky
Repairwear- was Ok, but now't special
Vitalumiere (seeing as every MNer seems to rave about it) Was all right, but again, nothing special that I could see
Clarins something or other, their latest illuminating one- felt like wallpaper paste.

Went back to my Clarins Instant Smooth in the end....the one I've been using since it came out about 3 yrs ago!

I've heard good things about Lancome Photogenic thingy-essence and will no doubt have a sample of that idc, and decide I don't like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now