Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I think Gok is rubbish.

(37 Posts)
ameliagrey Tue 27-Sep-11 20:10:02

Watching at the mo and keep thinking OMG- red skirt with black tights and animal print shoes. Trashy or trashy?

Seriously- does he really have a clue?

jessicaalbastwin Tue 27-Sep-11 20:11:14

I dont watch him, find him highly irritating.

ameliagrey Tue 27-Sep-11 20:12:01

me too- but if you can get past "him" i live in hope there may be some tips.

BelleEnd Tue 27-Sep-11 20:13:17

This "you go, girlfriend" bollocks makes me want to vomit.

rubyrubyruby Tue 27-Sep-11 20:15:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Tue 27-Sep-11 20:37:03

Aww, I've learnt lots from Gok!

TheGrassIsJewelled Tue 27-Sep-11 20:40:05

I'm no stylist, but everything seems a tad last season, or on lists in Grazia/The Guardian of what's headed that way - polka dots, tranny platform courts, star print.

I do like the new look bargainous leopard belt though...

ArmageddonOuttahere Tue 27-Sep-11 20:41:48

I think he's a bully who perpetuates the message that women must truss themselves up to the point of discomfort to believe they are attractive to men

TheGrassIsJewelled Tue 27-Sep-11 20:42:01

And for those 'colours done' people, I don't think he gets the colours right all of the time.

inagarten Tue 27-Sep-11 20:42:54

Hear hear, he's so incredibly patronising and I intensely dislike his constant manhandling of the poor womens "bangers" <vomit>

Also, the way that he customises and alters clothes always a) looks really crap, cheap and nasty and b) doesn't look remotely durable and would probably fall off/apart after a wear and a wash.

I do buy into the whole capsule wardrobe thing that he does though but I think some of the styles that he proffers are starting to look a little dated now i.e. that whole wide belt thing. Not a fan.

inagarten Tue 27-Sep-11 20:43:24

sorry - women's that should be

Mumelie Tue 27-Sep-11 20:46:31

ridiculous cheap sweat shop fashion - nice!confused

inagarten Tue 27-Sep-11 20:47:25

Armageddon - couldn't agree more. I'm not really of the feminist persuasion but the way that he stuffs some of those poor women into "shapewear" makes me angry. I think it also shows how poor a stylist is if he can't get the women to look nice without resorting to spanx.

JambalayaCodfishPie Tue 27-Sep-11 20:49:15

Why was that lady dressed as Minnie Mouse?

saoirse86 Tue 27-Sep-11 20:51:10

It's just so awful! Why does being on a budget mean you have to look like you bought cheap nasty nylon, or got the pritt stick out?!

A friend's mum used to work with him and said it was terrible, he knew nothing, always took credit for other people's good ideas, was generally shit at being a stylist. Apparently when he first started doing tv it wasn't even him doing the styling, maybe it's since he's actually been doing the styling himself that he's seemed worse!

fergoose Tue 27-Sep-11 20:57:22

i've heard he is really nice to the clients faces and slags them off calling them fat ugly cows, etc, behind their backs. 2 faced git. Am always suspicious of someone who is so ultra nice and fake like he is.

I don't like what he puts them in either smile

happylittlebear Tue 27-Sep-11 21:00:04

He is VILE, makes me want to pull my eyeballs out...
Such overkill, like he decides that yellow is THE colour for this season then the poor cow has to trot round in yellow cardigan, yellow earrings, yellow bracelet, yellow handbag, yellow shoes, all with him groping her bangers and shouting fab-u-lous in her earhole.
Wrong, wrong, wrong

jessicaalbastwin Tue 27-Sep-11 21:10:06

That has got me rolling on the floor with laughter.

peedieworky Tue 27-Sep-11 21:10:49

Never understood the whole "put a belt on just under your boobs & it'll give you a waist" concept he survives on... If he thinks your waist is directly under your tits then is little wonder his styling is awful.

jessicaalbastwin Tue 27-Sep-11 21:11:00

that message was for happylittlebear, got me in giggles that has

Awomancalledhorse Tue 27-Sep-11 21:39:47

I missed the show as I'm a bit hmm when it comes to getting a complete outfit, off the high street for under £100....I take it that it's not worth watching a repeat of? Are any of the clothes he uses 2nd hand/vintage?

inagarten, I found myself nodding along like a dog to your posts!

madammecholet Tue 27-Sep-11 21:40:02

He was crap tonight.

happylittlebear Tue 27-Sep-11 22:23:07

Is that silly shouty American woman still on it? She sends me over the edge

HerdOfTinyElephants Tue 27-Sep-11 22:26:07

The books aren't too bad probably because he doesn't write them himself .

levantine Tue 27-Sep-11 22:38:31

Oh she is such a stupid vacuous shallow idiot. Even worse than him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now