Talk

Advanced search

What's with this Morrocan Oil?

(15 Posts)
LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 09:37:34

My hairdresser got me interested in this, last time I went. She told me it would help my hair to grow, make my hair dry quicker despite the fact I never use a hairdryer, strengthen the hair shaft and citified confused. Make me younger, prettier more popular etc etc....

Is it worth £32 shock?

LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 09:38:20

Hair shaft and cuticles? That should read...

minipie Tue 27-Sep-11 11:24:37

My hairdresser put some on me last time. I was sceptical as I have very fine flat hair so though oil was a bad idea - but actually it made my hair amazingly soft and not at all weighed down. You only need a little bit each time.

Having said that, I haven't gone out and bought any, so it can't be that amazing grin

littlepinkfizz Tue 27-Sep-11 11:27:52

i bought the light oil after a hair loss post pregnancy. It just amde it too soft and unmanageable.Waste of money and I gave it away

fergoose Tue 27-Sep-11 11:28:50

nothing will help your hair to grow - it grows at a set rate and that is it isn't it?

sunnysunchild Tue 27-Sep-11 11:31:52

Bought some from Sally for much much less than £32! Think it was about £8, but it lasts for ages. Helps with my frizz smile

LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 11:35:58

sunny do Sally do the REAL Morrocan or is their own brand/another brand?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 27-Sep-11 14:01:06

Don't forget it's mainly silicone and too many silicone products dry hair out.

Of course it can't make it grow, once your bodies made the hair it doesn't have the foggiest what you've done to it.

I really hate blatant lies like that to sell a product.

You can get argan oil from amazon, it's the active ingredient.

madammecholet Tue 27-Sep-11 15:15:23

I've used it for a year or so, makes my hair far more manageable and healthy looking (I highlight alot smile. The line about making your hair grow is complete bollocks, however it does make your hair dry quicker.

Get a sample pot off ebay and see how your hair likes it before spending £30....

LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 16:08:29

Good idea with the sample pot....

Riveninabingle Tue 27-Sep-11 16:12:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsbaldwin Tue 27-Sep-11 16:14:18

The 'Moroccan' bit of it is from argan oil, which is the oil of the seed of the argan tree. The tree only grows in Morocco and is protected by the UN (I think). The oil has famed beautification properties - good for skin and hair. It definitely has a high concentration of Vitamin E in it, plus some other things. In the product MoroccanOil there's some argan oil in a base of cheaper oil and with some other more aromatic stuff as the argan on its own smells a bit vegetably. You can get pure argan oil in a small bottle via various internet shops to try it out. Ironically MoroccanOil is about the same price for the branded product with only an element of argan in it, as a bottle of pure argan oil the same size.

Argan oil fascinating fact: the tree is very thorny and hard to pick from. Goats can climb in though. They eat the nuts of the tree, poo them out and then women collect the poos and press the nuts out for oil, no word of a lie!

In a minute the MoroccanOil PR is going to come on and assassinate me grin

mrsbaldwin Tue 27-Sep-11 16:14:45

Riven, you beat me to it!

LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 19:31:37

Nice with the goat poo!!

May sample the Aryan oil, then...

LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 19:32:37

ArGan, ARGAN oil..... iPad's shite!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now