Talk

Advanced search

Help - need work clothes for next week after being off work for 11 months!

(6 Posts)
fraggle73 Mon 26-Sep-11 14:03:21

Am back at work next week after having 11 months off on mat leave. I need a whole new work wardrobe, may just a few staples for next week. I normally end up wearing trousers with jumper. I only work 3 days a week so dont need to buy lots, would also love a brand new work coat in a bright colour to go with my new leather handbag I bought from Modalu smile
I am a size 10-12 but have a baby belly and am late thirties.....anyone seen any nice stuff around anywhere????

tethersend Mon 26-Sep-11 14:35:54

Tesco has some great stuff at the moment...

Dress

Dress

What sort of coat are you after? what's your budget?

vanillagorilla Mon 26-Sep-11 18:43:57

Am in same boat as OP, went on a 'shopping' trip to Tesco and Next in my local retail park, Tesco have some nice things as Tethers said, got a purple pussy bow blouse for £8 andthey had a shift dress for £22 which was nice but not in my size. They also have vouchers in store til 2.10.11 for fiver off £25 spend and £10 off £40 spend online They had nice trousers too. Also had lots of bright coatsfor £45. Where as pre-baby I used to spend loads on work clothes, I have now swung the other way and want to spend as little as possible. Tesco tops with decent trousers though look good enough. And i bought a pricey coat last week so can just hide in that if all else fails [works in corporate environment where people say morning then look you up and down but I dont care anymore emoticon]....

Holymoly321 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:07:10

Charity shops! I've just started working part time after 6 years off and refuse to spend the money I'll earn on clothes to go to work in! Use imagination and a lot of style savvy with an open mind? I've now bought two jumpers and two dresses and a cardi for less than £15

fraggle73 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:38:49

Thanks for the tips, before kids I used to spend a fortune on clothes but now am reluctant too. Just need a few staples which I can chop and change. Will look on Tesco and maybe Next website. I dont mind spending a bit of money on a coat. I have seen a nice orange funnel coat in Next for £55, but am in two minds about the colour

www.next.co.uk/g4756s4#967984g47

tethersend Mon 26-Sep-11 20:45:39

I like orange, but prefer this or this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now