Talk

Advanced search

v glam halterneck dress needed!

(17 Posts)
smother Mon 26-Sep-11 13:00:20

I'm looking for a very glamorous halterneck dress to wear to a very smart and stylish evening party!

I'm thinking long (maybe with a high slit in skirt) and black, but I'm open to alternative suggestions on colour/length.

I'm v tall, happy to show some cleavage but would prefer to 'conceal' my tummy after a couple of kids....

I don't care how mich it costs as long as it looks fabulous!!

smother Mon 26-Sep-11 13:01:45

sorry, 'how much' not 'how mich'.... i've been at the champagne already!

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:02:30

This sort of thing ?

orangina Mon 26-Sep-11 13:05:38

Halston Heritage might provide you with what you're after.... will try to find a link...

orangina Mon 26-Sep-11 13:07:16

(high fives tilly!!!)

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:07:22

I like this as a short option

smother Mon 26-Sep-11 13:11:08

wow - thats pretty spot on Tillyscoutsmum! thanks. and it's halston heritage Orangina so maybe great minds are thinking alike there.

my only hestitation would be the material - it's polyester - but maybe that doesn't matter..... might have to order it and try it on. hmmmm. any other similar???

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:17:48

another HH one

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:18:58

one more

I'll stop now because they're just getting more expensive grin

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:20:32

love the colour

AnitaDrink Mon 26-Sep-11 13:26:05

This is nice The site has some lovely dresses. I bought one last year and keep meaning to get another.

They are made of a heavy stretchy drapey fabric which is great for disguising things wink

tethersend Mon 26-Sep-11 13:32:56

Have also gone a bit mental....

Lanvin

[[http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/165484 Malene Birger]

Issa

Issa

Issa

Victoria beckham £££

Roksanda Illincic

Roksanda Illincic

Matthew Williamson

Chloe

Yves saint laurent

Roberto Cavalli

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:41:40

Oooh love the turquoise Issa one and the silver Illincic one.

tethersend Mon 26-Sep-11 13:44:48

It's like someone writing you a blank cheque, isn't it? OP, I'm not bothered if you HATE the dresses, I'm having fun grin

smother Mon 26-Sep-11 13:45:38

thanks tillysmum, loving all the HH ones.

ooh my, tethesend, thanks, there's some fantastic dresses there, gorgeous! I really love the Issa ones, the black/white and the red. amazing.

when I said I didn't mind how much I spent I was perhaps day-dreaming a little.... definitely just 3 figures is all i can reach!

anitadrink - thanks, that looks much more realistic financially! like the purple and can see it could be flattering.

Think that bra will be an issue with most of these dresses, was hoping i could get away with a halterneck bra so long as the back of the dress is not too plunging.

hmmm. plenty of food for thought!

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 26-Sep-11 13:47:35

grin tethers. My own wardrobe is woeful but I love "virtually" spending other people's money.

Let us know how you get on OP smile

smother Mon 26-Sep-11 14:09:56

will do - i'm going to order a couple to try on... exciting!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now