Talk

Advanced search

Crackle / shatter nail polish top coats. Cool or trampy?

(21 Posts)
Meglet Sun 25-Sep-11 22:44:15

I've been looking at the crackle top coats and can't make my mind up about them.

The plus side is that chips won't show up very fast I suppose.

Has anyone tried them yet?

OtterBjitch Sun 25-Sep-11 23:18:37

They were free with 'Shout' magazine about a month ago.

DD loves them.

Does that answer your question? grin

CurrySpice Sun 25-Sep-11 23:19:52

Hmmm...I think they are a great idea. But I think they look a bit....erm...common blush

Grumpla Sun 25-Sep-11 23:20:15

Oooh I used to have a blue one that went over gold, was AGES ago though! I loved it.

LDNmummy Sun 25-Sep-11 23:24:46

I personally wouldn't, in my mid twenties now and can imagine myself loving them ten years ago which for me means its a no go. Unless for something like a festival or rave.

meltedchocolate Mon 26-Sep-11 00:53:48

Exactly. Daytime no. Party time yes smile

toody Mon 26-Sep-11 01:21:22

Loved these when I first saw them few months ago but now think they are trampy, sorry no offence to anyone just my opinion.

Buddhastic Mon 26-Sep-11 05:45:22

My 15 year old neice wears them so not trampy just very young.

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 08:36:38

TRAMPY

ceebeegeebies Mon 26-Sep-11 08:40:31

I bought the black one when it first came out and it was cool and got loads of comments but now, I am afraid to say that I do think it looks a bit 'teenagy' and I haven't used it for months.

I have just bought a silver one though which I have currently got on over bright pink and I don't think that looks quite as common (hopefully) grin

Meglet Mon 26-Sep-11 12:47:46

Shout Magazine blush.

I've gone off them now.

Stilla Mon 26-Sep-11 13:09:53

Not keen on the crackle but I like the effect with the magnetic ones.

gregssausageroll Mon 26-Sep-11 13:13:28

I have the grey magnetic one from nails inc which is lovely. Not crackly but sort of wavey.

PastGrace Mon 26-Sep-11 13:16:53

I have black and silver OPI. The black one I don't like as much, but wear for parties. The silver one I love and use quite a lot.

The OPI one doesn't seem to shatter as much as other ones like Barry M, which I think makes it look a bit more grown up? Sounds like more like Greggs wavey nails inc one [clutches at straws]

LeBOF Mon 26-Sep-11 13:17:11

Why would you want to make your nails look like distressed antique furniture?

southeastastra Mon 26-Sep-11 13:18:55

some of the nails inc ones look great,to me it would depend on the colour. magnetic ones look weird!

ceebeegeebies Mon 26-Sep-11 16:18:53

Those of you with the Nails Inc magnetic one, does it not chip very quickly?? I followed the instructions to the letter including base coat and top coat and it had chipped tons the next minute shock It did look great though but I am wondering if that will become 'trampy' in a few months wink

Stilla Mon 26-Sep-11 16:40:13

I did mine yesterday afternoon - and they are all chip free.

Wimminsinit Mon 26-Sep-11 17:36:37

No, I think any kind of 'nail art' is best left to teens.

ujjayi Mon 26-Sep-11 18:41:41

Not trampy but definitely a look best left to those under 19 smile

grumpypants Mon 26-Sep-11 18:46:01

I love mine - very short nails, dress soberly for work, jazz up my hands with yellow under black, or silver and black - it's just like wearing quirky shoes or soemthing (unless you have talons, inwhich case i take it all back. My research has shown OPI nails works and lasts well, Barry M does a good effect but goes gunky after a while in the pot, and No17 is rubbish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now