Talk

Advanced search

Nail varnish colours (again, sorry)

(24 Posts)
PastGrace Sun 25-Sep-11 18:09:32

So university term starts again tomorrow (but I don't have classes until Tuesday). Outfit is all sorted : my favourite Hobbs dress with a black skinny suede belt because it's a bit gapey at the waist, black opaques and black pumps (don't care if they don't go. I live in black opaques and pumps. You can try and convert me if you really want though).

Nails. I have OPI Dating a royal which I think is a bit matchy-matchy, cuckoo for this colour, coney island cotton candy, and the nice stems minis here.

I'm thinking probably just the coney island cotton candy, but think third from the left of the nice stems ones might be good? The peachy one?

I know there are bigger problems in the world (and indeed on S&B), but I want to start the year feeling "right".

Also, if you want, what colours are you wearing at the moment?

nancythursday Sun 25-Sep-11 19:25:24

Cotton candy is my favourite.

warmandwooly Sun 25-Sep-11 19:38:30

I am currently wearing a pale pink one from Jessics (purchased cheaply at TK Maxx) tomorrow I plan on wearin the free Mavala one that i got from Elle magazine. Its grey. I am also planning to wear my Chanel purpley/grey colour bought last year.

beverleyjayne Sun 25-Sep-11 20:13:11

i have just done my nails with a grey from nails inc grin and i love it!!! have just sent for chanels new green polish too gringrin

PastGrace Sun 25-Sep-11 22:50:10

My sister is meant to be bringing me a Chanel nail varnish as a present when she gets back from holiday - the colour is a surprise! [saddo emoticon]

Havingkittens Mon 26-Sep-11 09:36:48

I think the Coockoo for this colour would look lovely with the electric blue dress. If not that, the peachy one. (Bright red or coral would look nice too if you have any)

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 09:38:02

you are a saddo planning your outfit!bllues and greens vile

go for orly hot shot

Havingkittens Mon 26-Sep-11 11:56:12

"bllues and greens vile" Your opinion, but necessarily gospel! Blue and green are analogous colours (ie. next to each other on the colour wheel) so work very well together. The opinion depends on whether you have more classic taste or if you like colour blocking which is very fashionable at the moment.

celticlassie Mon 26-Sep-11 12:03:34

I'm wearing Topshop's Gone Fishing which I love.

rubyrubyruby Mon 26-Sep-11 12:08:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 13:30:38

save the red for when youre dead ;)

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 13:32:26

in other news i went back to " oyu dont know Jaques " last week

i dont like it any more

did a mraoon one " 25 years cent cherry" or similar - liked more

SueNarmy Mon 26-Sep-11 13:36:03

here

the new revlon carbonite is a sure fire copy of chanel one - and prob beter polish anway

PastGrace Mon 26-Sep-11 14:13:11

Ooh, I've been looking at You Don't Know Jacques - how dark is it? The pictures online seem to vary quite a lot. That revlon one is fab, thanks!

Havingkittens Mon 26-Sep-11 22:59:48

I meant not necessarily gospel, obviously. I can't seem to type properly these days!

I have You Don't Know Jacques, it's really nice.

SueNarmy Tue 27-Sep-11 07:00:40

Depends on layering. Sure it looks darker this year

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 27-Sep-11 10:14:29

With that dress I'd go for a darkish grey, a yellow or a deep orange (NOT coral, actual orange, like Nails Inc's Chancery Lane.

And I think black tights and shoes with a blue dress looks dowdy. Grey opaques? Dark silver/grey shoes?

PastGrace Tue 27-Sep-11 13:38:01

Sorry, I have a thing about my legs so the black tights are non negotiable. I love that colour though, and I live just round the corner from Chancery Lane so very appropriate!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 27-Sep-11 18:37:47

Dark grey opaques do the same job as black, just look a bit less heavy and dowdy with a blue dress ...

PastGrace Tue 27-Sep-11 18:43:46

Where from? I did try some from M&S and they weren't quite dark enough and I felt like I was in an elephant costume sad

rubyrubyruby Wed 28-Sep-11 08:25:28

rubyrubyruby Wed 28-Sep-11 08:28:25

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 28-Sep-11 09:55:09

Ive got some from Gap, footless ones (although they may well come in footful too). Nice dark grey and they're cotton rather than manmade materials.

trixymalixy Sun 16-Oct-11 21:20:28

Love that Hobbs dress!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now