Talk

Advanced search

verdict on skorts/skapris please

(13 Posts)
waxlyrical Sun 25-Sep-11 13:28:40

I am toying with buying one of these for jogging and sports. Is this madness or are they a good thing? What do MNers think?

moragbellingham Sun 25-Sep-11 13:39:06

I would - as I couldn't bear to see my own arse wobbling around.
I would never wear leggings without some coverage on the top so I wouldn't do it in the gym either unless I had buns of steel.

fluffles Sun 25-Sep-11 13:40:15

i like the kind that's a wee skirt with capris underneath, but i hate the ones that are like shorts at the back and a skirt at the front.. i think they're the original 'skort'.. which type do you mean?

fluffles Sun 25-Sep-11 13:42:23

like this in black

waxlyrical Sun 25-Sep-11 13:45:27

Im thinking the ones with leggings or cycle shorts underneath a proper skirt but am worried I might feel a bit silly in them. They just seem perfect for bum covering/not worrying about VPL etc

Chants73 Sun 25-Sep-11 13:50:50

I've got the Nike ones in black. They are comfy for running in (better than joggers which is what i had before) and cover my backside which is a bonus for everyone who sees me running. I don't feel any sillier running in them than I do anything else I wear (i've only just started running after years of inactivity so look daft in most things at the moment).grin

Chants73 Sun 25-Sep-11 13:53:18

P.s Sports Direct have them on the website for £20

waxlyrical Sun 25-Sep-11 14:03:48

Feeling very tempted by the £20 bargains and I suppose it can be justified as being in the general public interest that I cover any work in progress areas!!

mirpuppet Sun 25-Sep-11 14:22:37

Any chance of a link to Sports Direct one? I'm interested in new running outfits.

Parasaurolophus Sun 25-Sep-11 17:12:55

I love mine. I like them because the shorts underneath mean my thighs don't chafe when I am running, but everyone doesn't need to see the exact dimensions of my thighs and bum.

I live in a small town and the gym isn't anonymous. I wear the skirt to the gym. If I am running outside I don't always bother, but I seldom see about 25 people I know when I am on the trails.

Chants73 Sun 25-Sep-11 19:36:27

nike skapri on sportsdirect

notyummy Sun 25-Sep-11 20:22:22

Think they look odd personally and will make more people stare closely at your figure as they wonder what you are trying to hide. However I am all for encouraging people to exercise, so whatever gets people out there is NK bad thing.

mirpuppet Sun 25-Sep-11 20:23:19

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now