Talk

Advanced search

Cheap, healthy anti aging creams

(8 Posts)
cedge Sun 25-Sep-11 11:49:52

Over the last few years i have started to make my own diy skin creams after spending a lot and getting little from the shops.
The results i have got from doing this are great. A better complexion and less lines.
I regularly use vitamin c and other antioxidants in my creams.
The benefits of doing this are that it costs less, gives better results and you can keep out stuff you dont want in your skin (like some preservatives they use).
It seems more common for people to diy in the US.
Does anybody else use this sort of stuff?

cedge Mon 26-Sep-11 09:44:54

Homemade vitamin c serums are easy to make and the recipes can easily be found online.
I wish more people would try this stuff as its healthy and effective : )

Conundrumish Mon 26-Sep-11 10:31:38

Do you have any links?

I was wondering about making my own soap as my hands flare up with many shop soaps.

cedge Mon 26-Sep-11 10:54:05

www.activeextracts.co.uk sells ingredients for diy skin care creams and has a few recipes on their site.

www.skincaretalk.com is a great forum for skin care and also has recipes, as does another forum called essential day spa.

TapselteerieO Mon 26-Sep-11 14:07:53

My sil keeps bees and makes her own creams using beeswax, not sure what else she uses, it is lovely.

RumTouch Mon 26-Sep-11 14:10:14

I do the OCM and use rosehip oil as a moisturiser. It smells a bit but is brilliant especially just before a long hall flight.

cedge Mon 26-Sep-11 14:19:20

Nothing i ever bought had any effect on my lines until i started to DIY. It makes you realise what a con much of the beauty industry is.

cedge Tue 04-Oct-11 09:16:57

Probably one of the only things i buy is jojoba oil as it does a good job of moisturising my skin.
I recently made a hyaluronic acid moisturiser though (just water and hyaluronic acid powder) and it feels great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now