Talk

Advanced search

Style advice

(4 Posts)
cleanteeth Sat 24-Sep-11 20:18:22

Im in desperate need of some advice on what suits my shape, can anyone help? I'm 5"4 and a size 12 bottoms and 10 top. Small boobs, big bum with slimish but short legs. I'm sick of having little stump legs and really want to make them look longer but everything i wear makes me look dumpy sad

madammecholet Sat 24-Sep-11 20:41:51

Ok, it's all about balance, and in you're case elongating. Get yourself some skinny jeans and heeled boots for starters. Try belt under the bust over tunics to make your waistline appear higher, avoid hipster belts.. Use layering to make your torso appear longer, draw the eye to your best bits, so show off those legs to the upper thigh then wear layers to hide your bum and a fitted top to highlight small rib cage.. Try fitted empire line dresses to slim over bum but highlight small top half, with heeled boots for slim legs..

Don't cover up your slim legs, they're your best asset so use them to elongate your body..

cleanteeth Sat 24-Sep-11 20:49:58

Thanks for the advice smile would layering still work wearing flats? I'm a SAHM and I dont often wear heels.n I walk like Tina Turner when I wear them!

madammecholet Sat 24-Sep-11 21:05:32

Yes, but with good legs, stick to skinnies and not bootcut. And get thee some heels, as you're not 'mum' all the time! Get those legs out woman! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now