Talk

Advanced search

Electric toothbrushes

(15 Posts)
gregssausageroll Sat 24-Sep-11 17:12:33

Does anyone have any recommendations at all?

VanillaRooibos Sat 24-Sep-11 17:23:30

My husband's dentist said wait till Oral B is on 1/2 price promotion in Boots (they often have half price), then buy them then.
When I went to boots I found some on 1/2 price for £15.99 and some for £25.00, I ask the lady behind the counter which was best, as was a bit baffled by the range and she said to be honest just go for the cheaper ones as the expensive ones come with all these add on features that aren't necessary at all. You just want an electric toothbrush right? NOt one with bells and whistles.
Also all the oral B heads are interchangeable if you just have the unit. So you can buy precision one and fit the tooth polishing head IYSWIM.
Anyway I just got the cheapest.

gregssausageroll Sat 24-Sep-11 17:30:02

Lovely. Thank you. Will keep an eye on boots for oral b.

dexter73 Sat 24-Sep-11 17:33:33

I have an Oral B toothbrush with a pressure sensor and a 2 minute timer, so not the cheapest. The pressure sensor means you don't scrub too hard on your gums and my dentist said that was an important feature to have.

Grumpystiltskin Sat 24-Sep-11 19:14:15

Mains charging ones with a timer. That's always my recommendation. The pressure thing is a good idea as well.

apple99 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:19:04

I have the Oral B toothbrush with a pressure sensor, it has a separate unit that is a clock but also switches to being the 2 minute timer when you turn the toothbrush on, anyway it was 1/2 price in Boots.

simonthedog Sat 24-Sep-11 19:50:43

Get a mains rechargable oral B. this may help I am a dentist. We choose to sell the professional care 3000 in our practice.

mablemurple Sat 24-Sep-11 20:04:20

simonthedog, can I ask what you think about the oral irrigators like waterpik or the panasonic dentacare? Are they really better than manual flossing and can they be used on sensitive teeth?

simonthedog Sat 24-Sep-11 20:17:18

They are probably not necessary. The best method of interdental (between the teeth) cleaning is interdental brushes either TePe brushes or Wisdom clean between brushes. If the gaps between your teeth are too small for these then manual floss is best.

mablemurple Sat 24-Sep-11 20:24:20

Thanks simon, will stick to flossing by hand then.

wellwisher Sat 24-Sep-11 20:36:07

I have one of these and it's pretty awesome - was recommended to me by my dental hygienist. My sister has the same one - the digital timer that flashes a smiley face after 2 minutes of brushing has proved highly motivating for her dc! As, indeed, it is for me grin

schroeder Sat 24-Sep-11 20:44:53

We have electric toothbrushes oral b something, could not go back to ordinary they make me gag now, how weird is that?

Anyway, whilst we're on the subject, I just thought I'd ask what people use to store the little heads?

Grumpystiltskin Sat 24-Sep-11 20:53:45

Normally the charging unit has a flip top on it to put the heads in?

chickchickchicken Sat 24-Sep-11 20:59:00

morrisons often have some half price as well

schroeder Sat 24-Sep-11 20:59:11

Nope not with ours, they're more bog standard. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now