Talk

Advanced search

Honest answer please about being overweight and wearing boots...

(8 Posts)
TheWorldKeepsSpinning Sat 24-Sep-11 14:52:48

I am 5'2", 2 stone overweight, size 12 jeans (most shops) and 12-14 top.
my calves are huge and I can't wear normal boots. Would wide boots suit me? Or will I just looked fat legged?

LadySybil Sat 24-Sep-11 15:06:27

i was going to say it depends on how big you are, but it doesnt sound like you are tbh.
get lace up ones, they are brilliant as i can get my calves into them, and no one has ever dared say i look like a heifer. Like the sort of thing that Amy wears in Dr Who

BelleDameSansMerci Sat 24-Sep-11 15:09:57

I have wide calves and I get mine from Duo, here. I love their boots.

To answer your question though, you don't sound overweight to me and I bet you'll look great in boots.

wompoopigeon Sat 24-Sep-11 15:32:55

I was in Duo today and there were ladies of all sizes trying on their calf fit boots, and I can honestly say that the overweight ladies looked just as good as the thin ones. They really do suit.

TrillianAstra Sat 24-Sep-11 15:37:30

I am a size 10 in most shops and yet I still need extra wide boots. Some of us are just naturally wide-calved.

TheWorldKeepsSpinning Sat 24-Sep-11 16:00:05

Thanks.
I'm quite short so am fat being a 12-14. Should be 8-10.

I will have a look at Duo.

bigkidsdidit Sat 24-Sep-11 16:01:53

I too used to be am a size 10-12 and always need wide boots. I don't look big-legged I don't think. possibly delusional!

As a hijack, is there anywhere other than duo to get wide boots? I want a pair of flat tan ones and they don't have any

M&S have a good range of wide calf ones at the moment, but mostly black IIRC, bought some in store a couple of weeks ago. They're in the Footglove range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now