Talk

Advanced search

a rather nice bargain or a hideous mistake?

(10 Posts)
AtYourCervix Sat 24-Sep-11 11:51:33

here

although that model must be 7 feet tall as on me it's on the knee not mid-thigh.

also suitable for a wedding? with leggings or tights?

SheWhoMustNotBeFlamed Sat 24-Sep-11 11:53:06

I have worn worse! Tights for a wedding. And heely old heels.

ChessPiece Sat 24-Sep-11 12:01:04

ARNB.

Tights and heels.

AtYourCervix Sat 24-Sep-11 12:06:56

black tights or nudey ones? hold in mind my chunky calves.

Ifancyashandy Sat 24-Sep-11 12:20:56

Honestly? I'm not a fan of it and would worry that the fabric will be scratchy and nasty. And there are too many bright colours on there for me. It looks like it came from ASDA, sorry. That said, I like the shape and the chiffon arms.

But black opaques and heels would be what to wear it with.

But what's your budget, size etc for other suggestions?

cornsillx Sat 24-Sep-11 12:22:11

depends on the fabric really

Jbck Sat 24-Sep-11 12:31:29

They have several similar dresses with the chiffon sleeves. I can't really recall seeing that one but the other two I looked at were really nice and didn't look 'Asdaey' at all.

They are quite short I'm only 5' 3" and it was above my knee in the other styles.

whojimmyflip Sat 24-Sep-11 12:37:12

I can see why you'd think it could work but I don't think it would at all. It's made of polyester and so you'd get sweaty and the pattern may be pretty on silk but on polyester it just isn't.

TrillianAstra Sat 24-Sep-11 12:44:39

I like the dress. Not sure about the chiffons arms because what would you do if you were chilly?

AtYourCervix Sat 24-Sep-11 14:26:47

fabric is sort of stretchy shiny stuff, yet not scratchy, which i'm not mad keen on but it does hang surprisingly well. the arms are army enough to hide the bingo wings and I'm only likely to wear it once so don't want to spend £££££.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now