Talk

Advanced search

My new foundation has made my skin all blotchy - is there anything I can do?

(6 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Fri 23-Sep-11 23:35:19

I (unfortunately) decided to buy the new Clinique foundation that's just been brought out - Repairwear Laser Focus foundation. When the lady in Boots tested it on me it looked lovely, really smooth and flawless so I bought it, but after using it at home twice, I have ended up all blotchy, blemished and a bit itchy (not normally got sensitive skin so can't understand this). Just can't use it again. Just wondered, is there anything I can do (like take it back to Boots and get refund/exchange) or have I just wasted £27 sad Anyone know?

nickschick Sat 24-Sep-11 00:00:26

I think clinique are very good at refunds and im sure once you explain this you will be able to get a replacement or your money back.

Havingkittens Sat 24-Sep-11 00:01:26

Take it back and explain what's happened. When I worked for MAC it was policy to refund an item if it had brought a customer out in a reaction. I think most cosmetics companies have a similar policy, but Clinique are owned by the same company as MAC so there shouldn't be any problems there.

applecrumbleandcream Sat 24-Sep-11 00:05:21

OK thanks for the help - I will do that. Daft question, do you think it would have to be the same branch of Boots to take it back to (the Boots I bought it from is 20 miles away, as opposed to the branch in my town)?

Havingkittens Sat 24-Sep-11 00:12:50

No, I think any counter should be fine.

applecrumbleandcream Sat 24-Sep-11 00:24:02

Ok thanks Havingkittens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now