Talk

Advanced search

Please help me decide on a dress!

(12 Posts)
youngblowfish Fri 23-Sep-11 23:20:01

I am a little too sleep deprived to make an informed decision about a dress I want to wear for an informal housewarming party I will be hosting next week. I am still breastfeeding my 4 month DS, so my choices are limited. I'm 5'10" and a size 10, pale and blonde.

dress 1

dress 2

Which one should I wear?

Havingkittens Sat 24-Sep-11 00:03:51

If you're petite I'd go for the first one over a maxi dress. The zip will probably also be rather helpful for breastfeeding.

peasandlove Sat 24-Sep-11 01:38:55

I prefer the first one

Byeckerslike Sat 24-Sep-11 06:26:58

The first one

RickGhastley Sat 24-Sep-11 06:56:50

As you are 5'10'' and slim I'd go for the maxi, I think the first one is a bit boring TBH

bigTillyMint Sat 24-Sep-11 07:38:43

I prefer the first one. I think the maxi looks a bit boring grin

MittzyTheVixen Sat 24-Sep-11 07:44:22

I prefer the maxi grin

OtterBjitch Sat 24-Sep-11 07:48:03

I like them both. [helpful]

Is it a daytime or evening do? The maxi is more informal and day-wear but if you're going to be up and down stairs it could be tricky.

JustAnother Sat 24-Sep-11 08:31:27

First one, definitely

IvyAndGold Sat 24-Sep-11 09:08:29

The maxi if you're tall, and it's going to be informal smile

youngblowfish Sat 24-Sep-11 09:55:05

Kittens, alas I am certainly not petite. They are both suitable for breastfeeding, the maxi has cross-over ruched panels over the bust that you can just pull apart over the milk supply.

It will be a daytime, informal party.

Otter, thanks for the stairs tips - I thought that I would be fine just pulling it up when rushing up and down, but I have not considered that I will have my hands full. Did I mention I needed some sleep? grin

I do like them both, hence the dilemma. Most of you prefer the first one, but my only reservation is that it is a little too dominatrix iyswim. I am over-thinking this, aren't I?

Sleepwhenidie Sat 24-Sep-11 10:03:39

I prefer the first one but think it probably more of a 'going out' dress and the maxi is much more suitable for an informal housewarming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now