Talk

Advanced search

Tell me how to apply blusher

(15 Posts)
40notTrendy Fri 23-Sep-11 19:05:55

Hit 40. Skin looks flat and grey. Am trialling various foundations to help but realise I need blusher. I have one which I wear very occasionally but never been sure. I'm a girl of the 80's but am sure heaps of pink blusher mid cheek to is not the way to go grin

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Fri 23-Sep-11 19:09:48

Hi!
I use a lovely body shop bronzer brush thing. You may not want the sparkles for an everyday look, but I still find something with a brown tint to it is more flattering than a pink.
To apply I suck in my cheeks and just rub it into the shadows made by my cheek bones. It seems to look ok and definitely narrows down my (round!!!!) face.

x

Breatheout Fri 23-Sep-11 19:19:00

Buy NARS 'Orgasm' blusher. Then smile and sweep the brush from the round 'apples' of your cheeks up towards your hairline. You will look brilliant. Promise!

40notTrendy Fri 23-Sep-11 19:20:46

Ta. I've heard of that NARS one before (I wonder why grin). Anyone have experience of cream blushers? My mum swears by hers.

40notTrendy Fri 23-Sep-11 20:44:14

Cream blusher bump anyone?

Clarabumps Fri 23-Sep-11 20:47:41

cream blusher is crap and needs to be "set" with a powder blush and if you have any open pores at all it will settle into them and come off throughout the day. It has hardly any staying power. What face shape do you have OP?
I wear Benefit Coralista..amongst others and I am a make up artist so have used it on many other people and it seems to suit almost all skin tones. Its a peachy flush on your skin and is not too obvious. Also what skin tone are you?

Iggly Fri 23-Sep-11 20:47:44

I was taught to apply the blusher two finger widths from the side of your nose. With cream blusher, apply with one finger sweeping backwards sparingly.

Clarabumps Fri 23-Sep-11 20:48:18

may I just say blusher is a must for looking alive!

40notTrendy Fri 23-Sep-11 20:49:06

Oval face shape, fair complexion, dark hair. Once had rosy cheeks!

CoteDAzur Fri 23-Sep-11 21:03:02

Ime best is to go for the slightly-sunburnt look - apply blusher over both cheeks under the eyes, extend horizontally towards hairline on both sides, and most importantly, apply just a little bit on the nose.

jellybelly101 Fri 23-Sep-11 21:14:38

Bobbi brown cream blush is fabulous. Cream far more flattering too.

Smear two fingers in top of pot, rub fingers onto same fingers of opposite hand.

Pat lightly onto apples of cheeks, keep on patting - will look scary bright.

Wipe fingers off then pat, pat some some more up cheekbones to hairline. Blend in edges with a brush.

Admire self and glowing complexion in mirror before continuing with your primary job of trying to keep fruit out of the electronics and crayon off the wall.!

40notTrendy Fri 23-Sep-11 21:26:29

Marvellous. Jellybelly love BB stuff. May mosey on down for a makeover. Will leave dc with Octonauts and rice cakes grin

Clarabumps Fri 23-Sep-11 21:43:50

Oval face shape- I'd apply to the cheekbones,starting on the centre of your cheek working towards the outside. The centre being directly underneath your pupil. If you do decide to use cream blush go for something light as the darker ones can end up smeary. Use your brush in a circular motion to blend. Use a little and build it up. Use blush at the end of your make up routine as the amount of make up on your face should determine how much you should apply. It should balance out your face ifkwim. Hth grin

Ifancyashandy Sat 24-Sep-11 13:06:35

Look on this website

Lisa Eldridge is amazing and the videos are very easy to follow.

40notTrendy Sat 24-Sep-11 18:30:54

Thank u for advice everyone, felt super confident applying and it looked alright smile. Off to browse a new blusher as suspect mine has been lingering in my make up bag a bit too long blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now