Talk

Advanced search

The day has a Y in it - so it must be another hairdressing disaster! Anyone offer advice or a bit of moral support?

(12 Posts)
Ijustwantnicehair Fri 23-Sep-11 13:59:16

I have orange roots and plum/purple ends. I wanted to be a gorgeous gingery colour. I am currently wearing a headscarf (which actually looks quite good but obviously not a long term thing).
The hairdresser has told me to keep washing and washing it and it should match, but have booked an appointment for next Friday to go back and sort it.
I did have blonde highlights about a year ago and then went a reddish colour - have moved to a new area and made a big hairdresser choice mistake.
Trying not to cry and wondering if I really can pull off wearing a headscarf like this http://thedesired.net/?p=405 (but coming down on both sides and looking a bit more like a hijab which I am worried could be racist in some way??)
Help or advice anyone? (have name changed as have been moaning cough telling everyone on Facebook about it)

Curiousmama Fri 23-Sep-11 14:01:20

Bullshit!! I'm a trained hairstylist/colourist and that's bollocks. Demand your money back so you can go to a real colourist. You may have to pay a bit more but be worth it. Please don't let them get away with this.

Curiousmama Fri 23-Sep-11 14:01:51

Take photos too as proof.

Curiousmama Fri 23-Sep-11 14:04:12

Your rights also lists professionals.

Ijustwantnicehair Fri 23-Sep-11 14:04:49

Sorry didnt mean to be offensive curious. Well they gave me 50% off the colour and I still somehow paid £67.50 though.... and I live in the country!

Curiousmama Fri 23-Sep-11 14:06:48

No you weren't offensive to me, I meant they're talking bollocks!!

Curiousmama Fri 23-Sep-11 14:07:28

shock @ price!!!

Curiousmama Fri 23-Sep-11 14:07:53

Blimey which part of the country are you in?

Ijustwantnicehair Fri 23-Sep-11 14:08:03

Oooh no! I have been relying on it fading with washing... perhaps the full burkha would be the best way to go...

daenerysstormborn Fri 23-Sep-11 14:13:06

let me get this right, you've been to a hairdresser, had a colour, paid £67.50, but the colour has either not taken/gone wrong and the hairdresser has let you leave and told you to keep washing it to even the colour out?

firstly, poor you. have had many (home) hair colouring disasters myself. you're obviously distressed, and it's not fair of them to make you wait a week before seeing you to sort it out. do you feel up to ringing them and demanding to see someone sooner, ie the manager? if you do go back, and they sort it, make it clear to them that you are not paying a penny more (although i do think they should give you a full refund), as the only reason you're coming back is so they can rectify the mess they've made.

Ijustwantnicehair Fri 23-Sep-11 14:31:45

They said they'd do the 'fix' for free. I dont really want to ring them today - can't face it to be honest and they said they'd give me a ring on Monday to see how the washing is going...
Im in a small rural town in south Wales. I think I'll ask for a refund on Monday when they ring me as it does seem expensive and I only had a trim but obviously the styling etc that was done afterwards was a total waste of time as I went home via back streets (I was walking) and washed it straight away.
I dont want to get too worked up about it if I can help it. I just saw an advert about those poor ladies with cancer and having wigs so in the scheme of things its small. I also dont think it will help to dwell on it too much as I'll cry (due to my hair basically being the best thing about me).
'Funnily' the colours themselves: orangey, purpley, brownish and pinkish arent actually too bad on their own-but the mix is...odd.

Curiousmama Sun 25-Sep-11 21:45:16

Good luck for tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now