Talk

Advanced search

ASDA boots - bargainous, but are they nice?

(29 Posts)
Vizzini Fri 23-Sep-11 11:05:00

I've just picked these up in ASDA (only went for milk). Mine aren't black though, they're chocolate brown.
They're leather, comfy and fit well but I'm having second thoughts as they're from ASDA. I'm wondering how good they can actually be for £38?! Should I keep them or return them? I'm leaning towards keep but I can be persuaded otherwise!
direct.asda.com/george/shoes/black-riding-boots/GEM73766,default,pd.html

Monty27 Fri 23-Sep-11 11:13:48

Viz - can't go wrong for that price imo. hth

vinegarpuss Fri 23-Sep-11 11:14:03

what's not to like! smile

Vizzini Fri 23-Sep-11 11:18:33

I know! If it's wrong I don't want to be right grin but what if they fall to bits?!

meltedchocolate Fri 23-Sep-11 11:33:36

they will last you through the winter. Then you will be looking for summer shoes/boots again anyway wink. If you get them can you tell me how they fit on the calf? I have sticks for legs and don't want to look like I am in wellies.

BikeRunSki Fri 23-Sep-11 11:40:50

They are fab, I feel a trip to Asda coming on.

trixymalixy Fri 23-Sep-11 11:45:08

Bargain. For that price I thought they couldn't be leather but they are!!

Tbh the quality would probably be similar elsewhere except at least double the price if not triple.

Greenrabbit Fri 23-Sep-11 12:27:55

I would keep them, they are a bargain!
Do Asda still do their 100 day guarantee? If they do, you can't go wrong. You'll get lots of time to see if they fall to bits.

Greenrabbit Fri 23-Sep-11 12:30:49

I've just checked and it excludes footwear. sad

WhoWhoWhoWho Fri 23-Sep-11 12:34:18

Keep them OP, I reckon they will last just as well as an £80 pair of boots TBH.

I would also like to ask how they fit on the calf area, but for the opposite reason to meltedchocolate envy.

moondog Fri 23-Sep-11 12:36:35

Look great.
My friend has a pair of brown leather Tesco boots which are a similar price and they are v stylish.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 23-Sep-11 13:32:13

I see an invasion to asda at the weekend by all mn who want bargain boots that look just as good as any twice the price.........fortunately I am at work all weekend otherwise I would be off to buy a pair then have dh roll his eyes at me as if to say another pair really ???

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 14:47:58

Gah! I want the brown one's but they are sold out in my size in both colours.

Ah, me and my big feet sad

herbietea Fri 23-Sep-11 14:53:26

Message withdrawn

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Fri 23-Sep-11 15:00:15

I got a pair of these last year and tbh they are pretty great. Haven't fallen apart and really comfy.

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 15:15:43

Ah yes, lets not forget my skinny calves, anyone know if they would work for someone with chicken legs grin

Vizzini Fri 23-Sep-11 16:39:02

Well I have reasonably thin calves (but not skinny) and they don't look massive on me. They have a little elasticated bit at the back (not noticable) so could possibly work on larger calves too.
I keep trying them on and I like them more each time I do. I showed DM and she refused to believe they were from ASDA, so that's a good sign I think. I'm going to keep them - I could pay twice as much and the quality could still be poor.
I'd definitely check your stores if they don't have your size as my local store had a good range of sizes in the brown (half sizes too).

borntoberiled Fri 23-Sep-11 19:26:58

I have them and they are great.

vanillagorilla Fri 23-Sep-11 20:18:29

you can order them online and collect from your local store for free too...although only showing sizes 6,6.5 and 7 at the moment.....

vanillagorilla Fri 23-Sep-11 20:20:36

in the black, only 6.5 in the brown.

herbietea Fri 23-Sep-11 22:08:56

Message withdrawn

MissVerinder Fri 23-Sep-11 22:42:55

yay yay yay, I got these, they are fab and soooo comfy. I have sausage legs and they fit lovely. I would say they are quite big in the foot- I went a 1/2 size down from my usual size and for boots I normally go up a full size from normal to get my monster sausage legs athletic calves in!

I say KEEP THEM!!!!!

piratecat Fri 23-Sep-11 22:46:56

bah, totally sold out

UnrequitedSkink Fri 23-Sep-11 22:49:49

Trip to Asda in the offing but gah - DH has the car tomorrow ALL DAY! I really really like them.

nbee84 Fri 23-Sep-11 22:57:04

I've just ordered the brown ones in size 5 - had them in stock for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now