Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry Bayswater question

(7 Posts)
Housewife2010 Thu 22-Sep-11 23:09:48

I bought a Mulberry Bayswater in Oak today at the Mulberry Outlet in Cheshire Oaks. I've noticed that there isn't a key in the padlock key fob. Should there be? I thought I'd ask here before ringing the shop to check.

faustina Fri 23-Sep-11 06:29:21

yes there should!

Thecatsmum Fri 23-Sep-11 07:34:53

I've just bought a Bayswater and the padlock doesn't have a hole for the key (if you see what i mean) so check that first.
Before anyone says anything yes it's a genuine Mulberry bought from the Mulberry shop.

chipstick10 Fri 23-Sep-11 08:40:27

Housewife do you know if the bag you purchased was in the outlet because it had a flaw of some kind!? It may be that the reason for the key missing is why it was at a 30% discount.

iarebaboon Fri 23-Sep-11 09:03:40

The new ones don't have real locking padlocks, hence no need for a key

You're lucky to find a 'classic' in the outlet though. You must be v happy smile

Housewife2010 Fri 23-Sep-11 10:23:12

Hello
it was at the outlet because the handles were supposedly a different shade - I really couldn't see any difference at all. Thanks for the info re padlocks. It saves me ringing the shop.
I was very pleased to get it. I'd been lusting after one for a while but couldn't afford one - can't really afford it for £455 but I did save £240 so it was a bargain! (or so I told my husband when I told him what he'd got me for my birthday).
How do I look after it? I've never had such an expensive bag & have mainly used changing bags for the last 4 years!

iarebaboon Fri 23-Sep-11 12:02:07

Spray with collonil waterproof spray but use use use it. Don't be scared to use it. They get better and better with use

I've used and abused mine daily for three years and it's just starting to get a lovely patina and is looking fab

If you wish to feed your addiction and bankrupt yourself get over to the purseforum.com. You can learn everything you'd ever need to know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now