Talk

Advanced search

I'm hopeless. I need help. Please help me.

(12 Posts)
blueskydrinking Thu 22-Sep-11 20:39:43

I love these boots. I LOVE them. I'm actually dreaming about them. And I've just been paid and <whispers> I might buy them.

BUT. Tunics just don't suit me, I don't feel comfortable. So leggings have quite limited use. I don't really do dresses or skirts, either.

I'm pregnant and need something to wear. And I need boots. It can't just be skinny jeans because I need something for work, which is smart-casual (so almost anything except denim).

Please help me... what would you wear with these boots?

TattyDevine Thu 22-Sep-11 20:42:48

They are nice enough, chick. Lots of people will say they are not, but they are nice enough...knee high natural substance wedge boot. Won't they make you rather hot though if you are duffed up?

Dunno about you but when I was duffed up I swelled to the size of a bouncy castle and wore my husbands size 10 crocs for the last 2 months.

You are probably one of those elegant little nice pregnant ladies, in which case, buy the boots, and I cannae help you no further...

MissVerinder Thu 22-Sep-11 20:44:34

If you can wear those boots, youse can wear tunics!

MissVerinder Thu 22-Sep-11 20:45:17

and they will look good oh preggers one. I agree with Tatty you must be one of those elegant pregnant ladies.

Everlong Thu 22-Sep-11 20:47:15

I got some very similar last year but without the wedge . They are so comfy and warm, wore them most days with skinny jeans,leggings etc, I never wear skirts either. Get them.

chocoroo Thu 22-Sep-11 20:47:50

I was up the duff all last winter and it was grim. If the weather is even half as crap as it was last year you'll need flat boots.

Sorry.

blueskydrinking Thu 22-Sep-11 20:48:12

ho hum, put on well over 4 stone with DS and swelled to the size of a hippo. Wise words tattydevine..........

(But if I love them enough they'll just fit, right?)

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR! Promised myself this time that I'd just buy some decent stuff from the start but I would look equally out of place in either jeans or tailored black trousers at work and I can't find much else. And I do need some boots.

LadyWord Thu 22-Sep-11 20:48:47

Ooh I like your boots! Buy them.... <vicarious shopping>

I would wear straight leg jeans over boots sometimes and I think it would work with those, so maybe some types of trousers would too?

But I would actually wear boots like that with a knee-length A-line skirt or dress, or a knee-length knitted dress. Have you tried knitted dresses or stretchy wrap dresses - v easy to wear, longer than a tunic, great for pregnancy!

this kind of thing or this?

(sorry to cliche it up with the boden and WS - just being speedy!)

blueskydrinking Thu 22-Sep-11 20:50:59

oops, a bit slow...

The wedge achieves the smart/casual thing... I couldn't wear normal uggs to work but I could easily get away with those. They must be sensible soles????????

Oh bugger.

Will check the links now......... smile

madmomma Thu 22-Sep-11 20:51:44

lovely boots - I want some! They look comfy too.

blueskydrinking Thu 22-Sep-11 20:53:39

I'd love to be able to wear stuff like that but I'm shaped like a triangle - teeny ankles, boy hips and manly shoulders.... with little post baby pot belly! Which is now swollen early preg belly. (painting an attractive picture...) It just looks like I'm in drag. I need a good, structured pair of trousers.

blueskydrinking Thu 22-Sep-11 20:54:15

madmomma that's what I thought smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now