Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Foundation for oily skin

(11 Posts)
levantine Thu 22-Sep-11 18:27:25

I know it's been done before - but - pale, oily, nearly 40 - what can I use? Do I need a primer? Help!

wonderfultykes Fri 23-Sep-11 14:11:19

Bare essentials powder mineral foundation. Absorbs oil. Medium beige or the slightly paler one. Can use their primer but not necc

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 14:44:01

Revlon Colorstay is by far the best foundation as far as I am concerned. I try new ones every once in a while, but always go back to this one. Have been using it for 5 years and the range is excellent because they have to suit pink or yellow undertones.

They do two sets of the same tones, one for oily/ combination (which I use) skin and one for normal/ dry skin types.

Covers amazingly and really does stay put.

Currently trying out a Maybelline mineral foundation but will be back to Colorstay as this one does get greasy after a few hours.

Yourefired Fri 23-Sep-11 14:54:22

Yes to bare essentials.

RamblingRosa Fri 23-Sep-11 15:39:08

Another yes to Bare Essentials. Try the Matte version in the palest shade (I think it's called fair). If that's not light enough for you or if it's a bit too pricey. Look at Lily Lolo. They're equally good IMO and they're a bit cheaper and also do some lighter shades. Porcelain is bordering on ghostly! They've brought out a new one called China Doll which is a bit less pale. They also do cheap tester pots so you can try a few before you buy.

If you're really oily, they do some mattifying powders too.

Avoid the temptation to strip your skin of oil with harsh cleansers and toners. Better to go for gentle cleansing (OCM or maybe Liz Earle with a hot muslin) and a good moisturiser.

levantine Fri 23-Sep-11 18:27:07

Thank you everyone, I have done OCM in the past and it did work, I just got bored of the faff

Bare Essentials it is then - are they in department stores?

whojimmyflip Fri 23-Sep-11 18:31:35

Lily lolo online

40notTrendy Fri 23-Sep-11 19:02:54

Currently sporting Clinique superbalanced foundation and I'm really not shiny at all, it's a frickin' miracle as far as my skin is concerned. Got a freebie from Boots.

Havingkittens Fri 23-Sep-11 21:56:46

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra is great for oily skin. I've used it without powder and still not had an oil slick.

levantine Sat 24-Sep-11 09:03:24

Oh great, still taking notes, thanks everyone

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 24-Sep-11 14:06:01

YSL do a good primer for oily skin, its called matte touch I wore it for our wedding and was oil free all day.

I was allergic to bare escentuals because I have a nickel allergy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now