Talk

Advanced search

Coat falling to pieces

(3 Posts)
MrsBlarney Thu 22-Sep-11 16:20:12

I got a coat in the sale last January. Wore it a bit, put it away in the summer, and discovered the other week that the lining is all starting to fray. One pocket has a big hole in it and the back is also all frayed, from about waist to hem, and getting worse by the day.

It was from Toast so I rang them up and they said they'll pay for it to be relined if I get some quotes.

So I went and got some quotes, and emailed them to customer services.

Now they've emailed back saying they want the coat back to inspect.

Is this normal do you think? I feel like they don't believe me and want to make sure I haven't damaged it deliberately. Also I want to wear it a lot in this weather and don't want it gone for ages.

What do you think? It wasn't cheap even in the sale.

Vi8 Thu 22-Sep-11 19:41:44

Terrible! I would expect any decent coat to last, I've got a 6 year old one from french connection and a similar age one from tkmaxx (don't know the brand but it cost £60 back then), and the lining was starting to fray last winter, but they'll last another year and still look great. Toast is expensive, so I would never expect such poor quality... they should offer something better...

MrsBlarney Fri 23-Sep-11 07:36:04

thanks smile I guess they need to see it...but I want to wear it! sad

I just hope they don't lose it or something. Not sure exactl;y what they are looking at though, I mean the seams are clearly still there, just the fabric has come right away through fraying.

I guess maybe they need to get onto their suppliers about it, though I'd prefer if they told me it wasn't just my coat. I hope it's happened to others - not through wanting other people to have this problem but just so they don't say 'Look you have knackered it, it's not our fault' iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now