Talk

Advanced search

If you have blonde hair and v pale skin, what lipgloss do you wear?

(11 Posts)
OllieinOrange Thu 22-Sep-11 15:49:19

Im looking for the holy grail of lipgloss - something that gives my lips a hint of natural colour and has some staying power.

Because I am so pale, lots make me look starved of oxygen (ie v dark lips). I have a Barbara Daily one which is v good but almost used up - pale pink in the tube but looks v different once on.
I was also looking at Bobbi Brown ones and liked Nude or Beige but still not convinced - but that may have been more to do with the sales assistant flapping around waving sparkly ones in my face!

Any tips (brand and colour) from fellow pale blondies smile ?

BigFatSpider Thu 22-Sep-11 16:08:27

Will follow with interest... looking for similar as a fellow pale blondie! :-)

sweetheart Thu 22-Sep-11 16:16:55

I mostly use the rose tinted vaseline. For a deeper, longer lasting colour I cover my whole lip with a lip liner (No 7 in plum) before applying a light lipstick or vaseline

scootergal Thu 22-Sep-11 16:46:34

I have 2 that I think are lovely I m your colouring ( with freckles for good measure) my lips are dark enough so very pale glosses don't show and darker reds or maroon ish give me the corpse effect too! one from mac - it looks beige pink in the tube but looks nude pink on it s really lovely for daytime.... I ve just left it on my desk at work will get the name of it tomorrow for you. I have another bobbi brown one it s coral and the lipstick to go with it and blush--- always get lots f compliments wearing them so reckon they re good- again will check the name and post for you in a bit.
I get a bit frustrated with bb lip glosses though as they re so sticky I find it difficult to get them
Ou t of the tube once you have used about half so I don't think they are very good value.
I ve a nice burts bees one too more like a tinted chapstick but it's quite minty ( I like that but some mightn t )

nothruroad Thu 22-Sep-11 17:07:42

I use Benefit Posietint which lasts for ages and ages. It's matte though so I out the rose Vaseline on top to make it glossy.

nothruroad Thu 22-Sep-11 17:08:25

Oh and if you look at a tester don't be horrified by the colour - it's totally different on the skin!

OllieinOrange Thu 22-Sep-11 21:41:33

Some useful replies, thank you.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 22-Sep-11 21:45:05

I am currently loving the figuier chubby stick from clinique with a clear gloss on top - last well and a really good colour on me.

scootergal Sat 01-Oct-11 14:11:34

Sorry only grtting back to this now Ample pink is the mac lipgloss that s lovely
Also pink diamond from Laura mercer is lovely on it s own or over a liner to highlight.
Chantecuille also do a lovely coral one "dragonfly" I love gives a really nice fresh look. Comes in a lovely little flip top type case!

chipstick10 Sat 01-Oct-11 14:50:05

I second Benefit Posietint. Its such a pretty pink and stains the lips really well. Along with Origins pinch your cheeks in Raseberry im good to go.

letsblowthistacostand Sat 01-Oct-11 15:14:40

Clinique Kissyfit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now