Talk

Advanced search

Jeans like GAP curvy, but for shorties

(15 Posts)
ColdSancerre Thu 22-Sep-11 15:11:54

I bought a pair of GAP curvy in 32" leg a few years back and loved them but they must have changed the style as when I tried a new pair on the 32" leg were way too long. I know they do a shorter leg but only in small sizes and I need a 16.

Can anyone recommend similar style jeans, made out of good hard wearing fabric, but a 30" leg in a size 16? I have been very impressed at just how long these jeans have lasted and know some shops (looking at you NEXT) are nowhere near as good fabric quality.

Thanks

ColdSancerre Thu 22-Sep-11 16:44:11

Help

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 22-Sep-11 17:41:43

Can you get them shortened at a dry cleaner? I paid about £10 to get this done as am similarly afflicted!

ColdSancerre Fri 23-Sep-11 10:41:03

Really? With jeans? Do you get the nice seam thing?

daenerysstormborn Fri 23-Sep-11 11:05:29

what about the asda 'great bum' ones?, they come in regular and long. they seem pretty good quality denim, dark in colour. i got a pair last week and really like them, they come up a bit higher on the waist than next do so hide the tummy roll a bit wink

daenerysstormborn Fri 23-Sep-11 11:07:42

here

tootssweet Fri 23-Sep-11 11:14:58

I will be watching this one as have same problem - tired of holes in heels of my trousers & find a lot of styles quite unflattering. Fingers crossedsmile

ColdSancerre Fri 23-Sep-11 11:19:20

The asda ones are 32" and they don't do short.

these ones seem to have a few good reviews I may skive off work early and go try them

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 11:21:17

I have the opposite problem which is also a bummer.

I think Dorothy Perkins do some lovely jeans for a curvy but shorter lady, but don't quote me on it.

LDNmummy Fri 23-Sep-11 11:23:21

Ooh stormborn those Asda one's look brilliant, I may have to check them out in a few weeks when my baby belly starts to go down (hopefully).

StantonLacy Fri 23-Sep-11 12:35:26

ColdSancerre I had exactly the same problem as you and bought three pairs of those John Rocha ones (or the equivalent) last year.

The fit was great and it definitely solved the leg problem, but...the zips were rubbish ! All three pairs broke or did a slow descent to fully open (without me realising, obviously blush)

So, it's either

a) crap zips or
b) my stomach is so unbelievably huge it was forcing the zips down all by itself

I know which one I'm voting for grin

(must point out have never had this problem with any other brand of jeans or trousers!)

MrsBloomingTroll Fri 23-Sep-11 15:02:33

Sorry for late reply.

My dry cleaner did a really good job on my Jean seams much better than MIL did on DH's.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 23-Sep-11 15:10:27

Yes, buy gap curvy and get them taken up. Woman in my village does a fab job on mine, you can't tell they've been altered. Seam thingy and everything.

Asda jeans are crap, i was trying them on today. Well crap for me, don't fit nearly as well and the material isn't as soft.

ColdSancerre Fri 23-Sep-11 15:11:51

Excellent I will look at getting them altered then.

MackerelOfFact Fri 23-Sep-11 15:25:18

I have this exact same problem, I was furious when I finally found that GAP curvy jeans fitted beautifully but were too sodding long and don't do a short length in a 16! Grr.

I am currently living in cheapo New Look YesYes (or something) jeans which were a tenner and do the job but they're pretty nasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now