Talk

Advanced search

why do so many deluded women kid themselves they are still blonde and dye their hair green

(4 Posts)
SueNarmy Thu 22-Sep-11 14:55:23

when they havent been blonde for years?

OneHandFlapping Thu 22-Sep-11 18:41:07

Because the alternative is the grey granny look?

Because they've been fooled by the pictures and promises on the home dye kit that promise "a natural ash blonde"?

Because they've been swimming?

Because they like it?

I give up. Why don't you ask the next one you see and post back here?

DonaAna Thu 22-Sep-11 19:48:46

Because the alternatives are a faded mousy brown and a brassy yellow. Green matches my eyes more closely.

animula Thu 22-Sep-11 20:08:16

Hmm. Are you sure about the green? I don't see a a lot of green on my travels, though many other ill-fortuned variations.

Hands up - I'm one of those. I labour under the delusion that if my hair is dyed blonde, I will be magically transported back twenty years. My son always looks at my head cynically when I return from my many recherches du temps perdu - the hairdresser's - and asks why I've paid someone to dye it even more grey.

It's delusion. But at least I'm keeping a hairdresser from the cold, hard streets. I could have taken up middle-aged shop-lifting, or doing something stalkery and weird to a neighbour. This is far more socially acceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now