Talk

Advanced search

I've just had my hair dyed flat brown cheap-chocolate colour - shall I ask them to redo it for free?

(6 Posts)
naturelover Thu 22-Sep-11 14:44:30

I wanted the colourist to match my normal colour (mid-mouse) but she did it much darker. I look older and tired, yet ironically it was to hide they grey.

It's a semi-permanent colour so I expect it'll fade a bit but not sure if I should complain anyway and ask for it to be redone - if indeed it's even possible.

I'm starting to wonder if going grey would actually be a better option. I certainly can't afford to colour it every six weeks.

WWYD?

ps this is a genuine question, I was only being a bit tongue in cheek in the thread title in view of the earlier thread today.

naturelover Thu 22-Sep-11 14:46:23

I'm 37 btw

MissBeehiving Thu 22-Sep-11 14:51:29

grin

I'd go back. Poor Dsis had hers done at the weekend - she asked to go a slightly darker blonde and they dyed it grey shock. Twas hideous, so bad infact that I made her go back immediately even though it meant wrestling with my 3 nieces/nephew for the morning. That was how bad it was. Still not right even now.

MissBeehiving Thu 22-Sep-11 14:53:43

Go for a mixture of lowlights/highlight then you get multi tonal but only need it done a few times a year and the greys don't show up so much.

Where is Tatty this PM? She's an expert.

SueNarmy Thu 22-Sep-11 14:54:34

me too
i want it brown
its brown.
;)

TattyDevine Thu 22-Sep-11 19:52:35

You know what, I reckon it might be okay.

Its BLIMMIN hard to "match" mid-mouse, as you describe it. She's used a semi, it will almost undoubtedly fade a bit to a more natural hue. I'd ring her in the morning and state your concerns - see what she says. Ask what she used if you are game. (Loreal Diacolour Richesse? Wella? Etc). Then we have google-ability). But I'd suggest it WILL fade.

If you ring tomorrow, register your "concern", and its still bad in a week or so, you could most definitely go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now