Talk

Advanced search

Just-above-knee skirt, tight and boots ^sigh^

(13 Posts)
ThePackingFairy Thu 22-Sep-11 12:16:20

Can I actually wear this without it screaming that I am a mother of two and am now dressing like one? It just feels so school run. I want to pretend I am still stylish... Ideas? Are there any quick AW2011 fixes I can add so I appear more edgy and less Boden-catalogue??

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 22-Sep-11 12:22:43

skirt a bit shorter and leggings...denim jacket or something?

think it totally depends on the boots and the skirt - I think you could have that combination without looking mumsy.

Aworryingtrend Thu 22-Sep-11 12:23:23

Erm I am [sadly] 29 year-old mother of none, and that outfit sounds like what I wore yesterday...

I think it depends on said skirt, tights and boots. American tan legs are not AW2011 grin. I don't think....

ArmageddonOuttahere Thu 22-Sep-11 12:25:35

This combo doesn't necessarily scream Old Mother Boden but what it does do is create a focus on your knees; you're essentially framing them for display.

Now, I have knees like two knuckles of gammon so I'd never rock that particular look, but if yours are sleek and shapely, do it.

ThePackingFairy Thu 22-Sep-11 12:28:47

All good points! I think I am just bored with my limited winter wardrobe... I will keep the skirts short and the tights interesting and see if I feel more exciting. Am now trying a floral M&S pair with my navy cord skirt...

ThePackingFairy Thu 22-Sep-11 12:38:10

Erm. Well I like them. But I think I might look a bit Cbeebies presenter now.

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 22-Sep-11 12:40:34

With all due respect Fairy I think you may need to ditch the navy cord skirt ... grin

MarshaBrady Thu 22-Sep-11 12:44:59

Go for a slighter shorter skirt, or pencil skirt.

I think if the skirt is fuller aline and just to the knee, plus the boots it can be trickier.

Anyway I just bought some boots so I there had better be a great way to wear them grin

ThePackingFairy Thu 22-Sep-11 12:48:35

Ditch the cord? shock
I was wondering that actually! I'd started rolling it over at the top (yes, I am 15 really) to guage the effect of a shorter version. On the other hand maybe floral tights need navy cord to tone them down?! (short navy cord natch wink )

Chandon Thu 22-Sep-11 13:30:06

oh poo, I like that look OP sad

I feel feminine yet practical and like I've made more of and effort than jeans and fleece...

sad

just bought a new belt to update the look.

boo

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 22-Sep-11 13:32:54

Belts are your friend, they can make or break an outfit in my opinion Chandon grin

picnicbasketcase Thu 22-Sep-11 13:34:21

I wear that several times a week, pretty much all through autumn, and I won't be changing it so ner.

rubyrubyruby Thu 22-Sep-11 14:13:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now