Talk

Advanced search

I need a type of puffa/quilted jacket but ...............

(9 Posts)
OhCobblers Wed 21-Sep-11 22:41:18

i'm not sure what the filling should be?

I've seen a really good selection in TK Maxx which go beyond one's butt (vital in the cold weather as i really freeze) and are black and quite stylish plus excellent prices - approx £80. They feel warm but i'm not sure what i should be looking for.

Could you give me tips / advice pls?

TheOriginalBanshee Wed 21-Sep-11 23:07:10

I bought a black 100% down filled quilted jacket from tk maxx today! I love it- actually feels like I'm wrapped in a duvet grin. It was £70. Can't find a link- sorry. It's knee length, water-resistant and has a really soft matte velvety (sounds awful, but it's nice, I promise) high neckline that you can button up to reach up to your ears in really freezing weather.

NatureAbhorsAHoover Wed 21-Sep-11 23:17:39

feast your eyes on the bounty at Uniqlo

I tried a few, bought a sleeveless... they are all terrific quality.

NatureAbhorsAHoover Wed 21-Sep-11 23:18:40

... err, but in answer to your question... no idea what the filling is blush

TheOriginalBanshee Wed 21-Sep-11 23:25:07

NatureAbhorsAHoover (love your name btw, I agree it does seem unnatural to hoover) all those you linked to are filled with down!! Definitely the best filling as it's warm but light at the same time and actually doesn't look bulky at all.

OhCobblers Sun 02-Oct-11 22:32:39

thanks for all replies and sorry for late response - RL got in the way!
i popped into Uniqlo last week - i had really thought of them as i'd bought a short puffa jacket a couple of years ago and although warm was very bulky to wear.

however, their long version for £110 looked great on, felt very warm and I didn't feel like Michelin Man!! For the moment i'll still keep an eye on TK Maxx thought as they're cheaper but Down filling is clearly whats needed!

Thank you.

sabas Wed 05-Oct-11 22:56:50

I got a lovely down and feather filled coat in Warehouse. They had given me a 35% off voucher with a previous purchase, so the coat went from £100 to £65. It was just the other day and I believe the vouchers are going till mid Nov, so maybe a online code floating about or go instore and ask wink

Can't do links sorry, but here it is:
http://www.warehouse.co.uk/luxury-hooded-quilted-coat/Coats-&-Jackets/warehouse/fcp-product/305444

It was a humunginous bargain and I got loads of lovely stuff with my voucher!

caramelwaffle Thu 06-Oct-11 00:39:36

Uniqlo.

Filled with a specially spun micro fibre.

I was amazed. So soft.

Spamspamspam Thu 06-Oct-11 09:22:34

I got a Fenn Wright and Manson down filled from TX Maxx - it is 3/4 length so great for walking dog in the winter or smart enough to wear over a suit for work, also has a zip at top and bottom so you don't feel constricted when walking. It is very warm, every time I try it on I am boiling in the house! but light and not too puffy so I don't look like michelin man grin Price was amazing £250.00 RRP down to £80.00!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now