Talk

Advanced search

Thinking ahead for winter-- Recommend me a pair of Snow boots

(10 Posts)
Pigleychez Wed 21-Sep-11 20:37:53

Now DD1 has started pre-school and we have the walk to school every morning, im thinking ahead to the forthcoming winter.

None of my current footwear will really do for the ice and snow. Going to need some decent grip for pulling a 3yr old and 18mth old along on a sleigh!

Any recommendations?

SoundTheOctoalert Wed 21-Sep-11 20:43:27

I got a pair of Romika's last year and loved them..
https://www.theshopforshoes.com/shop/info_5564.html
not the ones I have but I suppose they change every season. I got them in a local independent shop, last pair on the shelf late November!

bran Wed 21-Sep-11 20:44:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drowninginlaundry Wed 21-Sep-11 20:45:00

I have a pair of Karrimor boots which have taken me from Norway to Greenland, warm as anything and waterproof, usually Karrimor is shite but they have been good value for money.
THE best boots for snow is Sorel, no question. I had a pair ages ago and thinking of buying again.

drowninginlaundry Wed 21-Sep-11 20:47:34

Or Baffin boots but that might be a bit of an overkill... I am coveting a pair of Baffins with a removable felt liner, so you take them off indoors and potter about in toasty felt slippers.... Lush

Lulworthblue Wed 21-Sep-11 23:58:22

Merrell Oslo are amazing amazing amazing! Got me through a bitterly cold stay in the US last year. So warm and worth every single penny and look nice too.

hettie Thu 22-Sep-11 09:47:04

sorrel boots are unbeleiveable- have had a pair for years and years.... they are canadian and designed for really hard winters, plenty of choice with styles too, the merrel options are quite good too

SarahLundsredJumper Thu 22-Sep-11 09:51:06

I bought the Merrell Prevoz (sp?)boots last winter .I have never had such cosy feet in the winter and they are very grippy on ice.

homeaway Thu 22-Sep-11 10:08:29

How do the sorrel boots size, do they come up big or small ?

I've got a pair of Merrel Yarras, and some Trepass walking boots - both of which are brilliant in the snow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now