Talk

Advanced search

bit boring but I need to ask ...best slippers?

(16 Posts)
Ilovebagsandbruuuce Wed 21-Sep-11 19:51:29

I'm a bit fed up of buying m&s slippers which seem to last a month or two only and do not wash well. So please please please tell me which you have bought and loved.

40notTrendy Wed 21-Sep-11 19:58:34

Johnathan James fake Uggs grin. On my second pair, got another pair stashed away for when these wear out (last pair lasted 2 winters!)

said Wed 21-Sep-11 19:59:47

Anything sheepskin. I got some Swedish ones in John Lewis and then JL's brand after that.

mamijacacalys Wed 21-Sep-11 20:02:54

Bought some chavsda ones for a fiver last year and are still going strong. Have washed them in the machine a few times too.
Am Lusting after the real deal celtic sheepskin ones though www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/ladies/ladies-sheepskin-slippers/

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Wed 21-Sep-11 20:09:54

poo those celtic ones are LOVELY! like the rita ones and the ribbon ones, can't decide - help!

MayDayChild Wed 21-Sep-11 20:10:04

Anything 100% sheepskin but with man made sole.
Usually cost me £50-£70 but last around 3 years and I live in them!
Got my last ones shipped by amazing company in New Zealand! Delicious.
House of Fraser sell Just Sheepskin which my brother swears by

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Wed 21-Sep-11 20:15:49

What co in NZ? My mum lives there and is visiting in a couple of weeks - could put an order in!

MrsJamin Wed 21-Sep-11 20:16:34

I have Isotoner ones, they are comfy, waterproof sole, brilliant.

vjg13 Wed 21-Sep-11 20:23:58

I got the Just Sheepskin mule type in a Littlewoods sale online last year and they are my best slippers ever. They do look a bit grannyish.

TattyDevine Wed 21-Sep-11 20:28:22

Agree with anything sheepskin.

I tend to wear "Ugg" type boots for midwinter when ankles might also get cold(!), hae had "real" Uggs from time to time but have just ordered a pair of "Just Sheepskin" which I have examined in shop and think they are just as good for my purpose as "real" Uggs (i.e Ugg Australia, made in China for Deckers USA)

Hush short sheepskin boots are also very good.

If you prefer a slide style slipper with open back and ankles free (for summer or in between or whatever) the Hush sheepskin slides are very good.

But I love proper sheepskin.

PublicHair Wed 21-Sep-11 20:39:32

my northface slippers are like little sleeping bags for my feet but i can wear them outside.

BikeRunSki Wed 21-Sep-11 20:49:25

I am lusting after a pair of Celtic Sheepskin House Boots. Trying to justify that they will be very handy and economic (heating off?) for spending lots of time at home on mat leave this winter.

MayDayChild Wed 21-Sep-11 20:53:17

www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/sheepskin-slippers.asp
here is where I got them from.
I had to measure my foot!

MayDayChild Wed 21-Sep-11 20:57:02

Def get your mum to bring some for you! They are excellent quality! I got the ones at the top bootie slippers. With flexible tpr or something sole.

talkingnonsense Wed 21-Sep-11 21:11:41

Lands end fleece clogs( with rubber soles) are cozy and last v well.

peedieworky Wed 21-Sep-11 21:11:42

Nordikas from TK Maxx. Had them years now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now