Talk

Advanced search

is this joules gilet worth the money or has anyone seen one cheaper elsewhere

(14 Posts)
Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 21-Sep-11 14:48:54

http://www.joules.com/en-GB/Womens-Hooded-Gilet/Marine-Navy/L_MAJESTA/ProductDetail.raction?utm_source=AWin&utm_medium=affiliate&ut

I a want snuggly buggly toasty gilet so when walking the dog am not freezing & will also be wearing it in the house to keep warm so as to avoid hideous heating costs (in the sticks so always cold)

I know I am not 10 but I want a hood so can wear it over the top of my beanie hat but no fur

I have other gilets but want a down one really as my knee length down coat is fab

So has anyone got this & if so is it worth the big spends on it or can someone tell me of another similar in navy

TIA

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 21-Sep-11 14:50:05

sorry crap at links its the joules majesta one at £99.95

mirpuppet Wed 21-Sep-11 18:42:59

Look at Uniqlo if you want some down. I love there ultra down -- so warm and light.

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 21-Sep-11 19:27:32

I lived in my navy blue Joules gilet last winter, very snuggly and still going strong for this year.

Make sure you use a discount code.

LukeWarmMomma Wed 21-Sep-11 19:36:21

Landsend do down gilets and there's 25% off until Sunday. Quote 25FF at the checkout.

Mrsdp123 Wed 21-Sep-11 20:51:19

Crew also do a down gilet which is the same price as the Joules one...

dexter73 Wed 21-Sep-11 21:00:59

Fat Face?

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 21-Sep-11 21:43:23

mrs blooming do you have a code for joules as I don't have one & after receiving price of dd piano lessons I will need one now shock

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 21-Sep-11 21:52:43

BF7DK4 is £10 off gilets until Saturday, I think. Let me go and check the small print.

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 21-Sep-11 21:54:48

Sorry, it's £10 off plus free P&P over £50 spend, not just gilets, until midnight on Sunday night.

Hope that helps!

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 21-Sep-11 22:00:20

bloody marvellous,merci buckets mrsblooming.........a tenner is better than nothing grin

KellyKettle Thu 22-Sep-11 09:53:59

I have the Fat Face one in grey. It's heavier than the Joules one and seems much warmer (only tried them on in John Lewis though and it was pretty toasty in there anyway).

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Fri 23-Sep-11 13:25:37

oh hell went into to joules in town this morning,tried on above majesta gilet & I love it,didn't want to take it off but am going to purchase on tinternet with abouve code to save some spends

mrsdp I also went in to crew & tried theirs on & twas truly lovely but did not feel quite as sparkly in it like I did in joules one

& dexter I went into fatface too but the one in their had a peachy skin feel to it & I want the full on polyester look to mine grin

all these shops & came home with a new dress instead hmm am off to conceal it in wardrobe then will put on for anniversary meal with dh tomorrow evening saying "this old thing,had it for ages" wink

MrsBloomingTroll Fri 23-Sep-11 14:10:06

Oh, but a new dress is much more exciting than a gilet! And an anniversary is a great reason to buy one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now