Talk

Advanced search

Am I too old to re-train in the cosmetics industry?

(5 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Wed 21-Sep-11 13:45:08

I wonder about this sometimes - I'm 28, and about to go on maternity for the second time. I'm not planning never to work again but when I do eventually go back (not after a year, I'm stopping for a few) I want to be doing something I'm actually interested in, and I've always loved makeup.

The thought of returning to office life really doesn't appeal - and even if the money's crap, after a few years as a SAHM, even a small amount will be a bonus so I'm not worried about it from that point of view.

But is it too late?

meltedchocolate Wed 21-Sep-11 13:49:13

No. Go for it! Don't be stuck doing something you don't love. If money is not an issue you HAVE to go for it! smile

mirpuppet Wed 21-Sep-11 20:15:11

Absolutely not. I thought you were going to say you were 50 and if so I was going to say it is still not too late. Lots of niches in the makeup industry.

ujjayi Wed 21-Sep-11 22:34:25

Not at all. Go for it smile I am 40 and have just embarked on a new career path after being a SAHM for 12 years.

So what exactly is it that you would like to do? Make up artist? For weddings/theatre/film? Or more the sales side of things?

cedge Sun 25-Sep-11 11:40:31

You are never too old for anything..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now