Talk

Advanced search

Gilet - daft idea with large chest? If not, where on earth to look?

(6 Posts)
FrozenNorthPole Wed 21-Sep-11 08:58:34

I'd like a warm gilet as, frankly, I'm bloody freezing. September has arrived and with it winter in NE England.

Would like a navy blue one, warm but not incredibly bulky. I'm happy to spend about £75 for the right one ...

Will it be unflattering to a large chest? I'm size 10 elsewhere but 30FF/G on top.

Any guidance appreciated - I haven't a clue where to start. grin

ellangirl Wed 21-Sep-11 10:03:12

I wear them for walking the dog, and i am a similar chest size to you. I have to say- they're not the most flattering item esp those with norks!! Shopstyle etc throwa up these options this at fatface and this M&S superdry GAP boden joules and joules again

ellangirl Wed 21-Sep-11 10:03:47

apologies for crowded links!

warmandwooly Wed 21-Sep-11 10:30:54

My local TK Maxx has a selection. You could try your local one.

Purplebuns Wed 21-Sep-11 12:28:45

I am 34G and have a Joules one, it isn't the most flattering, (it did show off my waist) but I have seen worse and I was snug as a bug. It was last years version of this Down filled and I think they look a bit better with a hood I did get it with some money off so it was around £77, there are always discount codes for joules.

Purplebuns Wed 21-Sep-11 12:30:56

Didn't spot your last link Ellan. I am pregnant so won't be wearing mine once I get too big but it still looks new even though I have worn it loads, I am very pleased with the quality smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now