Advanced search

Judge this outfit - be honest!

(29 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Tue 20-Sep-11 19:23:38

this jigsaw dress with

this black and tan stripy top underneath

and

boots

Nice or nasty? Guess I'm really wondering if the boots are ok shape and would flats be better? I'll be really boring and wear leggings with this - sorry leggings haters!

tayberry Tue 20-Sep-11 19:29:14

Like the dress and t-shirt but would need to see them together to see if they work. Sorry, don't like the boots at all. Think a chunky Fly london boot would look better.

BunnyLebowski Tue 20-Sep-11 19:30:17

Dress = nice

Top = fine

Boots = nice

Dress + boots = nice

Dress + top + boots = step away from the crackpipe

Pinkflipflop Tue 20-Sep-11 19:30:39

Thanks tayberry, I love the colour of the boots but don't know if the style is a little stuck in a time warp?

Pinkflipflop Tue 20-Sep-11 19:31:19

Sorry what do you mean crackpipe?

Pinkflipflop Tue 20-Sep-11 19:32:36

Never mind, just googled - would it look that bad?

Catsmamma Tue 20-Sep-11 19:32:54

the stripes and the pattern together are a no no! Nice enough, but not together!

not at all keen on the boots.

carpwidow Tue 20-Sep-11 19:34:26

Having a look at the neckline of the dress, the darts and the sleeves - it think it is going to be too tight to wear anything under it. But what do I know. I'm just an old carp.

tayberry Tue 20-Sep-11 19:34:40

I think it could look quite quirky, especially with leggings and flat boots!

OpenMouthInsertFoot Tue 20-Sep-11 19:35:35

I think it would look ridiculous as an outfit, sorry.

upahill Tue 20-Sep-11 19:37:24

Leave the t shirt alone and the rest of the outfit is fine

Katy13010 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:37:46

I agree with Bunny I just don't get the top with the dress. Is it to keep warm/wear the dress through winter? If so I reckon a warm (thermal?) vest underneath would be better - out of sight but functional! wink Or, perhaps add a black or tan coloured cardigan on top to give cover to your arms?

That dress and those boots with some black opaque tights would make a fab outfit. (like the model who wears the dress)

Is the outfit for a particular occasion?

Pinkflipflop Tue 20-Sep-11 19:37:52

So if I decided I was keeping the boots as I found them e-bay for a song - what would you wear them with??

Pinkflipflop Tue 20-Sep-11 19:39:13

Outfit not for a particular occasion just fancy some new bits for winter and want to be wise!

tethersend Tue 20-Sep-11 19:39:58

£79 on a dress you have to wear with a t shirt underneath? confused

Bunny sums it up very well.

Why do you want to put the t shirt underneath?

Bangtastic Tue 20-Sep-11 19:40:47

All nice on their own, together I think you'd look a bit 'busy'. I'd go for a plain black long sleeved tee if you have to wear one. Think the boots are a bit too tan for the dress, ideally you need some in camel or black, heel or flat would be good as it's not overly dressy, especially with a tee underneath.

Angel786 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:41:25

Over skinny jeans, with a dress, skirt and top. The big nono is putting the top under the dress IMO.

banana87 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:42:48

The dress does nothing for me. It doesn't look like it has much shape to it and will just hang off you.

coffeeinbed Tue 20-Sep-11 19:42:51

too matchy.
You'll have to break up the colours a bit.

SootySweepandSue Tue 20-Sep-11 19:43:30

I think the jigsaw catalogue which graced my doormat this week has a few stripey tops under dresses. I think it's unusual but may look good. I would prefer a flat heeled boot or one with less if a heel but that is very personal.

Katy13010 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:45:29

pinkflipflop the boots can be worn many ways - I am particularly keen on dresses! Stick with your dress idea - maybe a winter knitted-type jumper-dress would also work? There are lots of dresses that would work with the boots, like the one you've chosen - but if you want long sleeves then cover with a cardigan or get a long-sleeved dress to start with.

If you really like that stripy top, I think it'll look better with a denim a-line skirt, and perhaps a chunky black cardigan over the top and those boots of course :-)

mumblechum1 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:45:43

I think yuk, but I think brown or beige clothes should be banned generally.

Not helpful, I know grin

pamelat Tue 20-Sep-11 19:46:29

I really like the boots

I agree, the dress without the top is better. If you really need to layer (to show) could you go plain black or tan?

cabbagesoup Tue 20-Sep-11 19:46:35

I think boots lovely, skinny dark jeans and dress but with cardi over rather than T under - all looks nice!!

Purplebuns Tue 20-Sep-11 19:46:55

Boots nice although I am sure you could find (something nicer for the price bracket), dress nice, the top is a no with this outfit, a nice cardigan instead perhaps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now